Your current wish list

Started by GTX, April 15, 2009, 02:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lenny100 on October 22, 2012, 12:18:34 PM

some of the barns wallace designs such as the swallow, and a R101

Barnes Wallace's big airship was the R100, as kitted by Frog years and years ago. There's a 1/72 scale model of it in the Elvington Musuem and it's 10 feet long! :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Seems to me that someone from Revell is reading my wish list as most of the models I've requested have either been re-released or are brand new kits.
I hope they bring out a plastic 1/24 TX4 taxi as the company has gone into administration, I've had a good long look at the FX4 and apart from the glazing none of the parts in the 'real world' were carried over. You'd need major surgery to create the TX4 from a Fairways kit!!
Maybe a 1/24-1/25 scale interior lighting kit for cars,lorries and vans. I'm not too sure on how much heat they would generate when switched on, but on the larger builds interior lights inside a 1/72 C-130 or 1/48 B-29 hanging from the ceiling would look very effective!!

The Wooksta!

Still waiting for someone to do a 24th Aston Martin DB7.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

deathjester

Quote from: McColm on November 03, 2012, 11:08:22 PM
Seems to me that someone from Revell is reading my wish list as most of the models I've requested have either been re-released or are brand new kits.
I hope they bring out a plastic 1/24 TX4 taxi as the company has gone into administration, I've had a good long look at the FX4 and apart from the glazing none of the parts in the 'real world' were carried over. You'd need major surgery to create the TX4 from a Fairways kit!!
Maybe a 1/24-1/25 scale interior lighting kit for cars,lorries and vans. I'm not too sure on how much heat they would generate when switched on, but on the larger builds interior lights inside a 1/72 C-130 or 1/48 B-29 hanging from the ceiling would look very effective!!
Do you have a Maplins near you?  They fixed me up with a great set of low voltage LED lights (3v) that can run off of a couple of AA's, or from a fixed 3v mains adaptor.  I specified low heat output, and if run only on 3v or less, virtually no heat is generated!  For added safety, you can wire in some resistors to protect from surges.  Real easy to do !

ChrisF

I built leds into a lancaster YEARS ago when i was a kid and heat was no issue at all... Nowadays they give off even less heat ! I say DO IT !

NARSES2

Quote from: McColm on November 03, 2012, 11:08:22 PM

There's a company in the modelling mags advertising LED's specifically for models "Lightyourmodels.com." It's in the US however
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

deathjester

Fear not - standard 3v LED's will suffice! 

McColm

deathjester

Has it worked!  We need pictures!!

coolpop6307

I wish someone would make a 1/48 747.
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

scooter

Quote from: coolpop6307 on December 07, 2012, 06:56:18 PM
I wish someone would make a 1/48 747.

I'd settle for 1/72...injection
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

Someone did one.  Can't remember who though.  I remember it hanging from the ceiling in Leisureworld in Eldon Square in the 1980s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

philp

Only 72nd Jumbo is the one from Aircraft in Miniature.  The body and wings are vacuformed (but they are cut out) and the rest is resin and metal.

Keep thinking of getting one to do a Shuttle carrier for my Space Shuttle but not sure my skills are up there yet.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

PR19_Kit

Atlantic Models used to do 747s in all sorts of airline schemes, but they were designed for travel agents and were in very few pieces. The fuselages were in 2 or 3 parts and the wings were SOLID! I'm not sure if they're still available from that scource thoiugh.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Kit, do you remember Linzi Mumford's C5 Galaxy Zwilling in 72nd with the Monogram Shuttle slung under the wing centre section?  That was BIG!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: