Trade Federation tank

Started by Sisko, April 17, 2009, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Sisko

Cheers for the positive feedback.

Sorry I didn't take in any progress shots of the weathering process. I just plain forgot.

The base colours I used were Tamiya acrylics, black, wooden deck tan XF-78, Desert Yellow XF-59 and Flat Earth XF-52. Highlights were done with these base colours mixed in ever light shades with tamiya white. The painting guide and all the reference photos don't match and I noticed the cutaway view Philip posted is different again. In the end I approximated to the best of my ability.

The silver on the barrel is from my 19 year old bottle of citadel mitheral silver. The paint chipping was achieved by painting a chip using the lightened base colour this gave the effect of a light edge around the paint chips. I then I used a combination of bolt gun metal and mitheral silver to replicate old and new chipping.  I wanted to use the salt technique for chipping but I don't think it would have been suitable in this case.

The rest of the weathering was done with combinations black, grey, brown, yellow, pink, tan and cream chalk pastels sealed in with gunze flat clear.

The best part about the heavy weathering is that flaws can be hidden or accentuated as damage. I was going to do some blaster hits but I had had enough. Time to move on. :blink:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

General Zod

Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Mossie

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 06, 2009, 11:44:11 AM
Looks really good from here...... maybe for the next one.... Berlin Brigade scheme  :thumbsup: - Always enjoy your AFV projects, Sisko, very inspiring.

Ian

I second that!  Great job!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.