Moebius

Started by Green Dragon, April 23, 2009, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I'd like them to do a Dave Bowman figure.  They could offer different head sculpts so you could Frank and Dr Floyd.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

I'd like them to do a Red Dwarf.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

The Small Rouge One! :mellow:  Starbug too, while we're on it, Wildfire, Simulant Battlecruiser....  Maybe, one day. <_<
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

Heads up for Kit and Fred. :thumbsup:

New from Moebius/Model King in 1/25th:

1965 AF/X Plymouth Satellite "Golden Commandos" Altered Wheelbase Drag Race Car
https://www.modelroundup.com/1965-Golden-Commandos-Altered-Wheelbase-p/moe-1237.htm

zenrat

I just drooled on my keyboard.

Thanks for the heads up Jon.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Oh my goodness, that looks WONDERFUL!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks also JCF, I feel an overdraft coming on.  ;D

I saw Dick Landy's AFX Dodge run during the US Drag Team's 1964 trip over here, and its launch was incredible with that ultra-short wheelbase.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: scooter on April 05, 2017, 12:00:28 PM
Moebius announced at the recent Wondercon that they've got the license from Warner for 2001: A Space Odyssey.  Final prototype for the 1/144th scale Discovery (:o) and chat here.

Hello Dave.  1/1 HAL 9000:
https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/moe/kit_moe_20015.shtml

Let the quotes commence!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Mossie on December 30, 2019, 11:57:39 AM
Quote from: scooter on April 05, 2017, 12:00:28 PM
Moebius announced at the recent Wondercon that they've got the license from Warner for 2001: A Space Odyssey.  Final prototype for the 1/144th scale Discovery (:o) and chat here.

Hello Dave.  1/1 HAL 9000:
https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/moe/kit_moe_20015.shtml

Let the quotes commence!

The reviewer missed an opportunity under Cons to have some fun.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

But ... But ... It's not ALL of HAL9000! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

I'm sure the after market will take care of it,    a few hundred thousand dollars and three lorry loads of resin.  ;D

jcf

The 1/72nd scale 2001 "Pan Am" Clipper has been released.

Moebius 1/72nd Clipper

elmayerle

Quote from: jcf on October 25, 2022, 04:54:50 PMThe 1/72nd scale 2001 "Pan Am" Clipper has been released.

Moebius 1/72nd Clipper

So who's going to do the booster aircraft, per the novelization?  I'm thinking a scaled-up version of some British supersonic or hypersonic research proposals might work well here  Alternatively, if you didn't want to go that way, you could drop launch it from a Stratolauncher, though I don't know where you would keep a 1/72 Stratolauncher.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Mossie