DFW TX-SCALEFEST Saturday May 30

Started by Scooterman, April 26, 2009, 05:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel Chicken

Just got home about an hour ago, right after leaving Scalefest I had a lakeside cookout with my three daughters and some of their friends from their school...so dead tired, I've been eaten alive by mosquitoes and will have to post the few pictures I have in an effort to utterly embarrass Scooterman. Don't let Wyrmshadow fool you, he did things with one of my shipping tubes....goatse things.........and we knew right away that our immature random shouts of FAIL had been topped with a single gesture by him.

I was set up on three tables right across the main hallway from the What-If SIG, so we had our little domain of "It's OUR Reality Dammit" that was the most fun I'd had in the time I've been exhibiting my art at these shows. I'm quite certain that between what my friend Shawn got and what Ron and Emile caught that we have possible animated gif avatar material to have much fun at Brad's expense.

It was great to see Ron and Tony again, to meet Emile for the first time. I missed Tony at Squadron yesterday but did manage to catch up with Brad for bit after I got there around 1000am or so. Good stuff Emile, thanks for posting those pics, you got way more than I did from today!

Wyrmshadow

Actually it's just Emil, no extra 'E'
As for what I did with that tube, the fact that everyone there instantly GOT IT speaks volumes.
I think Ron's statment of 'I think I saw that on the internet.' took the cake.
Im at work right now on my cell phone, I'll write more later.

later:
The thing I didn't like about them saying FAIL is because it was all in the wrong context.
FAIL is never meant to be spoken. It's internet slang, and any internet slang actually said in the real world makes you look dumb. Especially when you don't know how to use it.
FAILing is when someone actualy puts forth effort into a task, but underachieves in comic proportions... like putting the engines on an arliner backwards.. or forgetting to put a door on a house.
I'm sorry, but you guys were acting like a bunch of kids that just learned how to curse.. so you were cursing for its own sake because you thought it was funny. Atleast I didn't hear anyone say "PWND!" Leave the internet retardation to the experts.

I think all the quotes from Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, Silence of the Lambs (and possible Deliverance) should have kept you guys entertained.

But in all honesty I think a quote from J.P. should put everything into context "I'm surrounded by females all the time.. this is the only opportunity I have to vent with a bunch of guys." Looked like a lot of venting to me.

Brad's picture... it's the stuff of nightmares..

and Twigglets...... I think when they post my picture you'll understand how I felt about them.
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/

RotorheadTX

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on May 30, 2009, 11:08:56 PM
The thing I didn't like about them saying FAIL is because it was all in the wrong context.
FAIL is never meant to be spoken. It's internet slang, and any internet slang actually said in the real world makes you look dumb. Especially when you don't know how to use it.
FAILing is when someone actualy puts forth effort into a task, but underachieves in comic proportions... like putting the engines on an arliner backwards.. or forgetting to put a door on a house.
I'm sorry, but you guys were acting like a bunch of kids that just learned how to curse.. so you were cursing for its own sake because you thought it was funny. Atleast I didn't hear anyone say "PWND!" Leave the internet retardation to the experts.

Tell ya what there, Emil, here's another movie quote for ya:

"Lighten up Francis!"

Sentinel Chicken

I loved Sgt. Hulka. He was like our big toe.

Wyrmshadow

Quote from: RotorheadTX on May 31, 2009, 01:35:51 PM

"Lighten up Francis!"

What? you don't know toungue-in-cheek wwhen you see it?

Scooterman

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on May 31, 2009, 03:19:12 PM
Quote from: RotorheadTX on May 31, 2009, 01:35:51 PM

"Lighten up Francis!"

What? you don't know toungue-in-cheek wwhen you see it?
FAIL

;D

Not stepping on toes here guys.  Just pokin' fun.

And let's not forget the one time amphibious tank......... :tank:

Sentinel Chicken

It puts the lotion in the bucket or it gets the hose.

philp

Uh, all very interesting  :unsure: but did anyone else get any pics?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Wyrmshadow

'm I know Im not the only one that brought a digicam, but I am  the fastest.  Where are the other pics?

Howard of Effingham

it looks like you all had a good time and bought the odd bargain or two.

some of those models are impressively deranged, especially the F-8/viggen cross.

i see the twigglets were out again! didn't last year sentinel chicken decide he didn't like
them?
Keeper of George the Cat.

Wyrmshadow

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 06, 2009, 01:24:45 AM
it looks like you all had a good time and bought the odd bargain or two.

some of those models are impressively deranged, especially the F-8/viggen cross.

i see the twigglets were out again! didn't last year sentinel chicken decide he didn't like
them?

They taste like badly burned pretzels and some unknown spice.

Martin H

Quote from: Wyrmshadow on June 06, 2009, 02:11:42 AM

They taste like badly burned pretzels and some unknown spice.

The spice you seek is called Marmite
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

batmancustoms

John 'Panzer' Hinton
http://www.batmancustoms.com/