The He177 Zwilling “White House Bomber”

Started by Vulcan7, April 28, 2009, 10:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

The He177 Zwilling "White House Bomber" a quickly made zwilling (late 45/ early 46) for a pop at the US, made on the back of the success of the He111 Zwilling  ;D

...work in progress

2 old Airfix kits with Frog V1s 

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

Great concept and the name just hooks you from the word go, Vostoc!

Looking forward to more!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

jorel62

Vulcan7

thanks guys, don't get your hopes up too high, my finishing skills are a bit basic I'm afraid, (brush painting only :rolleyes:) but I'll do my best  :thumbsup:  ...I think I'll need a wide-angle lens to fit all the wings in the frame  :o

glass in ...painting tonight...

John Howling Mouse

Wow, can you imagine how impressive it would have been to see something like this take off back then?  Whooooo!!!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ChernayaAkula

Very cool! :thumbsup: The V-1s are a neat addition.

Also have a He 177 Zwilling planned, but I'm gonna use a different centre-wing (one pull and one push prop) and tailplane (as in P-38).  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 29, 2009, 05:42:32 PM
Also have a He 177 Zwilling planned, but I'm gonna use a different centre-wing (one pull and one push prop) and tailplane (as in P-38).  :wacko:

You've been reading 'The Gospel according to Tophe' then?  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 29, 2009, 05:42:32 PM
Very cool! :thumbsup: The V-1s are a neat addition.

Sounds great Moritz, it'll look the business  :ph34r: will you have to do an alternative undercarriage?  :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on April 29, 2009, 04:50:47 PM
Wow, can you imagine how impressive it would have been to see something like this take off back then?  Whooooo!!!   :thumbsup:

yeah defiantly & a great noise as well, .....a nice big target to shoot down for a lucky allied fighter too  ;D  :thumbsup:

sequoiaranger

>Also have a He 177 Zwilling planned, but I'm gonna use a different centre-wing (one pull and one push prop) and tailplane (as in P-38).<

Yes, I was trying to suggest that yesterday, with a photoshopped illustration, but the site would not allow it, saying "upload folder full".

I couldn't do it today, either, even with a "small" photo--

WHAT GIVES, SITE ADMINISTRATORS????
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

ChernayaAkula

Any thoughts regarding paint scheme yet? Operating from Iceland, there'd be a nice option for a winter camo!  :wacko:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 30, 2009, 03:37:33 AMYou've been reading 'The Gospel according to Tophe' then?  :lol:

:lol: Yeah! And he even fashioned up a profile of that for me (although mine will probably have a central elevator only).  :o Now christened He 377. CLICKY! That thread inspired me to get two He 177s in the first place.  :bow:

Quote from: Vostoc7 on April 30, 2009, 03:42:35 AM
<...> will you have to do an alternative undercarriage?  :thumbsup:

I believe so. Then again, I always thought the He 177's undercarriage looked kinda fragile. This will probably be the hardest part of the build.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Vulcan7

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 30, 2009, 11:30:14 AM
Any thoughts regarding paint scheme yet? Operating from Iceland, there'd be a nice option for a winter camo!  :wacko:

winter camo would be very cool, ...ive gone for the one on the box lid....mainly because it will look ok-ish brush painted and ive got those paints,.....as this plane is supposed to fly over the Atlantic is should probably have martime colours?  :tornado: :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Sisko

Very nice Zwillwing! :wub:

I had a an idea about ten years ago to make a zwillwing version of the He177. Nice to see it finally bought to light! :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!