The He177 Zwilling “White House Bomber”

Started by Vulcan7, April 28, 2009, 10:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Very cool Vostoc 7, turned out great and damn you're fast at painting! :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

You must have some form of machine which allows you to slow time in your own bubble and when you come out time in the real world has barely moved on ! Only way I can see you get all these done  :blink:

Great creativity
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Cheers chaps too kind  :thumbsup:

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 02, 2009, 02:52:29 AM
You must have some form of machine which allows you to slow time in your own bubble and when you come out time in the real world has barely moved on ! Only way I can see you get all these done  :blink:

Great creativity

I think I'm just impatient to get the builds finished (I only have a small time window to get the job done...I'm getting a compressor & airbrush when I retire  ;D) & I'm quite quick with a brush  ;D

ps On this America Bomber, in practice it would never make it, with all the ace allied aircraft about  :tornado: :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

cthulhu77

Not only a wonderful idea, but a super slick build and finish !  Hats off to you Sir !   :drink:

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

GTX

Stunning concept and brilliant execution.  I only have one question:  How are the Fi-103s released without damaging the aircraft (especially top turrets)?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Vulcan7

Cheers chaps  :thumbsup:

Quote from: GTX on May 02, 2009, 12:45:19 PM
Stunning concept and brilliant execution.  I only have one question:  How are the Fi-103s released without damaging the aircraft (especially top turrets)?

Regards,

Greg

they are released as gliders and then the engines kick in???..... ;D :cheers:, the concept is from that used on the Arado Ar234C-3

cthulhu77

Yep, the engines don't start right at launch...it takes time for the fuel to burn/spool up.

bluedonkey99

look stunning, nice paint work

another option would be to use one  V-1 from the next scale or two up (or is it down) and have them slung under as  "super nuclear V-1's"?

or maybe   

RHEINMETALL-BORSIG F-55  "FEUERLILIE"
http://www.luft46.com/missile/rheinf55.html

or
Blohm & Voss BV 246 "Hagelkorn"
http://www.luft46.com/missile/bv246.html

dy031101

Missed this thread until it's done.

But the whole thing is exceptionally done!  :thumbsup:

(Admittedly the dorsal-mounted V-1 rails give me a strange feeling......)
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Weaver

Great idea and well executed!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The V1s could be used as decoys: a clockwork direction-changing mechanism and a wire-spool-and-cutter chaff dispenser instead of a warhead would be perfectly within the capabilities of the times. Then with two bomb-aimers, you could guide two He-293s at once...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sequoiaranger

This came out great.....and FAST!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Vulcan7

cheers chaps, too kind  :cheers:

Quote from: bluedonkey99 on May 03, 2009, 01:50:15 PM

look stunning, nice paint work

another option would be to use one  V-1 from the next scale or two up (or is it down) and have them slung under as  "super nuclear V-1's"?

or maybe   

RHEINMETALL-BORSIG F-55  "FEUERLILIE"
http://www.luft46.com/missile/rheinf55.html

or
Blohm & Voss BV 246 "Hagelkorn"
http://www.luft46.com/missile/bv246.html

thanks for the links bd99, those bombs look scary!! :o