I'm In ! Supermarine Orca Finished under the wire.....

Started by Captain Canada, April 30, 2009, 02:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Is it ok if we shoot up your dinghy and then pick up the pieces ?

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cobra

OK, but.........You gotta Make sure Some Red Tape Monkeys in Washington don't Fug it up!!!!!!!! Stay Cool Captain!! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

After four or five rounds of PSR....I'm finally happy with the nose profile. Looks kinds 'whale-ish' to me.

I've been really craving some 'model time' these days, but we're just so busy....I'm going to try and pick away at a few things while I watch the Wings/Hawks this afternoon.....before we go out for dinner and then to halp a buddy move a  motorcycle and then.....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cobra

Hey Captain, if You're looking to name your Flying boat, How about calling it the Supermarine 'Orca'???? that work for You??? Stay cool & Good Luck!!!!! :thumbsup: :cheers:

The Rat

Keep this one going Toad, it's looking good so far!  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Thanks guys ! Still plugging away at 'er. Got the wing spars in, figured out the cockpit ( kinda ) and now it's official, we've gone from a 72nd scaler w/ radials to a 48th scaler with merlins !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

" How am I supposed to fly this thing without getting my feet wet ? "

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Doc Yo

" Good God, man! Put your feet down or we'll nose over in a heartbeat! "

Nothing like a cranked wing-go to, Captain.

Captain Canada

A long and hard fought battle....

My brother said it looks German, and that I should have painted it as such. Well, it was to late for that ! After he mentioned it, I think it does a swell. Certainly the nose looks like a -262, and the reverse gull makes one think of the Stuka.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cobra

Great Job Captain :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Glad you liked the Name!!!!! Keep up the Great work!!!!!! :cheers:

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 30, 2009, 08:14:58 PM
A long and hard fought battle....<...>

....it certainly seems you came off victor!  :thumbsup: Outstanding work!  :bow:

Regarding the German looks: I wouldn't think so. To me, it looks like the piston-engined forerunner to the SAUNDERS ROE SR A1. ;)
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

The Rat

Man, if my Dad sees what you've done to a PBY he'll have a fit. Fortunately my warped mind is looking at this, not him. FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

sequoiaranger

...ache when I look at it, but it's definitely a whif build with character!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

The Rat

Be interesting to see how that bird reacts to a sudden power loss. When the four gun Fraser-Nash turret was installed in the Sunderland it changed the centre of gravity. The solution was to sweep the wings back by 4°, which also canted the engines outward. The result was that when power was quickly reduced the nose experienced a sudden pitch up. With the angle outward of your engines she'll be a might tricky.  :blink:

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.