Kit Form Services

Started by Weaver, May 03, 2009, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Kit Form Services is a British company making and stocking kits and detail parts, mostly for 1/24th scale truck kits. However, they've just branched out into military vehicles with a really impressive 1/24th scale Stalwart 6x6 amphibious truck, they're working on a Saracen APC, and apparently have a Saladin armoured car, a Humber Pig, and several others in the pipeline.

The Stalwart consists of 350 parts in resin, white metal and PE, and includes a completely detailed interior to ALL compartments (not just the cab), and the entire drive-train could be assembled and displayed outside the vehicle if required. I'm afraid that at £220, it's too rich for my taste, but it looks worth every penny.

Pictures and details here: http://www.kitformservices.com/tq.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Cor, wow, and other expletives. That Stalwart is fantastic!

Brings back many memories, mostly of groping underneath the darn things with water dripping down my neck trying to work out why one or more of the zillion strain gauges I'd glued on various bits of Stalwart weren't working! :)

How I'd love to build that kit, but as you say £220.00 is a pretty hefty wack to find, specially on a pension!  :huh:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

even so, it would be an impresive beast on any club stand in that scale
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

The June issue of MIS is looking at this kit in detail. Should be out around 10th May
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Being an ignorant aircraft and ship modeller, what's 'MIS' and where would I find it please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 04, 2009, 03:49:27 AM
Being an ignorant aircraft and ship modeller, what's 'MIS' and where would I find it please?

MIS is Military In Scale, a pretty good target* based mag that also features other stuff as well. I would say any good newsagent should stock it, but you'll probably have most luck getting it from good old WH Smiths.

* Tanks and other ground hugging armoured vehicles
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Yup as Lance says Smiths is your best bet - June issue published on Thursday 14th May. It's the first Magazine of the monthly cycle.

Will also include a build of the Airfix Rotodyne by Vic Scheuerman, which looks good.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Thanks guys, I'll add this issue to the vast numbers of mags I buy each month.  :lol:

Regards
Kit