Main Menu

Bruntingthorpe

Started by van883, May 03, 2009, 11:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Wow, the V-bomber actually flew! First the Vulcan, now the Victor! Keep up the great job guys!

entlim

see my last post- it did  NOT>...........
You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

Aircav

Be hard pressed to keep that quite, CAA won't be happy.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

There is no way the CAA won't already know about this.

The Tower Controller has to report it, and I guess the pilot will have had to as well. Elsewhere it's mentioned that there were some very strong gusts at the time and they were the probable cause of the accidental take-off.

Having said all that, it does rather make a mockery of the CAA's 'complex aircraft' rulings. The Victor just proved they are wrong..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

van883

I have been following various threads about this on PPrune and there has been some debate about whether or not the wind could have caused this....It did seem a little windy when I was there (all day), but less so by the time of the incident. I hope it doesn't mean the end of such shows. If the CAA don't stop it, then the insurers certainly will.
Personally I hope it was caught by a gust of wind and that the pilot had no choice to do what he did and that disaster was averted.

Van

Aircav

If the crosswinds were that bad then may be they shouldn't of been doing power taxing

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Martin H

some good photos here of "Victorgate"

victorgate

link provided by Falcon  ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Astonishing they managed to get it back on the ground from that height and still on the runway!

The last piccie looks as if it was about to fly off over Leicestershire. Also notable that 'Tina' isn't on the civil register, so perhaps the CAA have no immediate jurisdiction?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

I suppose it depends on some government jobsworth really, they could get done for an unregistered aircraft and flying without documentation.

Sir Sydney Camm

Fulcrum

At least it was able to fly. (Wishing for a Vulcan-Victor joint flypast in a couple of years! :drink:)
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 05, 2009, 04:42:16 PM
so perhaps the CAA have no immediate jurisdiction?

Oh I bet they do, and its a dead cert that one way or the other the brown stuff will hit the fan as a result. even if its nothing more than an inforced speed restriction for "fast taxing demo's"

Even so, the old girl looked great back in the air.
Unfortunately,

Captain Canada

Wow ! That must have been quite the surprise ! Got soem decent height in there too !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

GTX

Well, the Vulcan is back in the air, the Victor has "flown", now anyone for a Valiant... :wacko:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Martin H

that would be a little bit more awkward to achive LOL
Unfortunately,