Fairey Barracuda

Started by GTX, May 03, 2009, 12:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on May 06, 2009, 01:03:23 PM
QuoteEDIT:  no I've found another photo of it, it is the prototype of the Mk.V and did have a Griffon.

Which is what I based my first profiles upon.

Regards,

Greg

So you did   :drink:  I seem to remember that ugly exhaust being on another version and that's what I had in my mind when I saw your profile Greg.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Glenn Gilbertson

My entry for "piston perfection" last year - the Monarch engined Great Barracuda:

It might have worked!

kitnut617

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on May 06, 2009, 04:35:06 PM
My entry for "piston perfection" last year - the Monarch engined Great Barracuda:

That was an amazing engine Glenn, I was reading about it in the Putman book on Fairey.  Love your model too, terrific job   :thumbsup: :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Chris707

Sketch for a jet-powered Barracuda

Chris
-----------------------------------
Aviation Heritage

GTX

Err, may I suggest reposting to here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

How about a Centaurus on the Mk.V airframe, a halfway house to the Spearfish?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: GTX on April 06, 2011, 07:01:34 PM
Err, may I suggest reposting to here.

Regards,

Greg

I've merged the 2 threads to keep it all together.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tomo pauk

Hi, here is my version of the Barracuda; engine is R-2800 (F6F type):

Hardrada55

I wonder what would it have looked like with the originally planned Rolls Royce "Exe" engine?   The "Exe" was cancelled and replaced by the Merlin. 

Mossie

Probably wouldn't have done it's ugly mug any harm!  It was quite a chunk of an engine, probably would have looked similar to a standard Barracuda with a double exhaust stack on each side, not unlike Glenns Monarch engined conversion.

Here's the Exe mounted on a Battle test bed.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.