He119...with added meatballs!...

Started by Zeke, May 04, 2009, 07:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

Hello all...well it's Bank Holiday Monday over here in the UK and I've been left alone to my own devices while the wife goes off horse-riding...:P
I felt in the mood for a bit of butchery...so here we go...
It all starts with this innocent looking He-119, the V-5 variant with the big fat floats...neat...

and an idea that it would look good as a rather differnt kettle of fish shaped things...

so it was gathered together with some random bits and pieces...

And the hacking began...HA HA HAAAA...chainsaw on standby everybody...

It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I can already see where this is headed....... Go Steve  :party:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Zeke

I shall go...:)

the nose section was given a spray of Halfords finest White plastic primer and rubbed down...I knew that this was going to be a real problem because this area on the kit is just vac-form canopy...

and a problem it was too...I tried to drill out the top decking and put a couple of plastic tubes in there so that I could slice them off and make gun-troughs...but the vac-form just isn't strong enough and it all turned to crud...fuksocks!...:(

so I had to make a new nose section entirely out of Milliput, gun bit's moulded in, of course...

and that will have to do for today cos I have to wait for that to set and be all hard for the following sanding and scribing/drilling of details...

but at least it gave me a chance to work on the cockpit bits...

more updates to follow...just got to work out some good markings for it now...
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

What about that peculiar purple tone seen on Formosa based aircraft - mainly IJA machines, but I recall a (very) old artwork of a 'Pete' wearing it too.

Or

That vivid yellowish orange they painted their trainers in.....

Back to you.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Draken35

GTX

What scale was the original He-119?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Zeke

Originally it was 1:72 greg...but it's going to be 1:48 when it's finished...so it's going up a scale... :lol:

While the nose is hardening I've been working on the wings, so we get a bulge in the upper surface for the machine gun breech...

and the leading edge gets a counterbored hole for the gun barrel to be fitted into a little bit later

I also did some breech bulges on the nose decking, so it's looking a little less smoooth than the original...now with added lumpy bits...yum!

and that really is it for today now chaps...time to give my poor old bones a rest...

Weaver

Good God - and all I managed to do today was faff around with a few decals...... :rolleyes:

Excellent project!  :cheers: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sisko

I really like this project!!!!!

Go man go! :party:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

I seriously don't know wether to laugh or cry. That original 119 was beautiful, but what you're doing looks amazing work
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Hey! What is the Japanese for "Porco Rosso"?

This is looking GREAT.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

sequoiaranger

My "Aichi 119" will also have meatballs **WITH** German insignia, too.

I like how this is looking, but I'm just a little sad that that BEAUTIFUL float He-119 had to be sacrificed!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Vulcan7

very cool work & amazing cockpit detail Zeke  :tornado: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , the original build looks great too  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Zeke

just a quick update...

nose guns have holes for the barells added...look like 20mm cannon to me...and the milliput nose is smoothed off...

cockpit area has been prepped for insertions...oooer!...

and the wing has had a cartridge case ejection chute and panel put into the underside...

I've actually got the cockpit stuff fitted, including the canopy but no piccies yet...that'll be in the next update I think...probably tomorrow now...gotta go to work this afternoon, I mean, don't they know that I have important kit alterations to do?...How rude!... :angry:

cthulhu77

Great execution !  Very believable.