He119...with added meatballs!...

Started by Zeke, May 04, 2009, 07:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeke

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 04, 2009, 08:31:16 AM
What about that peculiar purple tone seen on Formosa based aircraft - mainly IJA machines, but I recall a (very) old artwork of a 'Pete' wearing it too.

Or

That vivid yellowish orange they painted their trainers in.....

Back to you.

Ian

So, the choices are Purple or Orange eh?...okaaayyyy...step away from the paint box!...:)

It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Zeke

Quote from: sequoiaranger on May 05, 2009, 09:54:04 PM
My "Aichi 119" will also have meatballs **WITH** German insignia, too.

I like how this is looking, but I'm just a little sad that that BEAUTIFUL float He-119 had to be sacrificed!

Excellent...we need more of this kind of stuff

And yeah...it is sad isn't it?...:D
I'm afraid that I have very little emotional attachment to most of the kits I build so if I see that they can give their lives as sacrifice to something bigger and better then KABLAM!...they're dead meat!...:P

talking of which...update time...and the cockpit bits have been shoe-horned into place...

and the canopy jammed on and masked ready for the paint...

the nose guns have had the blast tubes/barells put into place...definitely 20mm cannons here...
and I've put some larger exhaust stacks into place...not too sure about them though, i think they might be  abit on the big side so they may yet be changed...

and today is my day off work so I'll be getting on with a bit more if this one...so watch out for later updates!
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Zeke

Hello all...swift update for you on this one...

the sanding and smoothing process has been done and a lick of grey primer applied to show all the bad bits, which need more sanding down...don't ya just love that bit?... :blink:

Then a few more panel lines are added and some rivets as well...

Then I changed those annoying exhausts for something a bit more in scale and then slapped on a bit more primer...

And then it was on with the paint process...a bit of green to start with I think...Kawanishi green to be precise...

and that's it for now...I've got  aday off tomorrow so it's going to be finished tomorrow by God or there'll be trouble!!!... :banghead: ;D

sequoiaranger

...getting better and better!  :thumbsup:

A fabulous addition to the "Floaty things" GB!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Zeke

Afternoon chaps...done a bit more to this one today...

masking off and doing the Yellow ID stripes, as well as the grey undersides...

then it was more masking for the Japanese Hinomaru...

after that there was a frantic session of doing all the little bits such as the fuselage stripes, tail markings and such like, not to mention the guns, and radio masts etc...

The mat coat went on a little while ago so now it's drying off and thers'll be some more piccies later today of the finished item...neat!... ;D

Zeke

Hello again...it's good having these days off work when no-one else is around to bother me cos I get lots done...namely, this...

considering it started from this...

That's quite an alteration in looks really isn't it?...hope you like it... ;D
And if anyone was going to ask, I didn't enter it into the "Floaty Things" group build because that was supposed to end on April 30th and I knew I'd never get it done for that dead-line...not realising that there was an extension...D'OH!... :banghead: oh well, maybe next time eh?... :thumbsup: :lol:

Zeke

I've been trying to think up a convincing back-history for it and it's got to have something to do with Kawanishi giving up on 'Rex'  :banghead: and using the aerodynamic platform of the larger He119 to make a fighter float-plane... :P :thumbsup:

I've no idea what engine would be in it, but it'd have to be around 1,800+hp to give it useful performance...Maybe a modification of the DB605, inverted?

Imagine some of the US Marine pilots coming across this in their Wildcats or Corsairs as they're island hopping in the Pacific?...hmmm...could be interesting... :o

Ed S

Nice.  You have really changed the look of this one.  Great idea and expertly crafted. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sequoiaranger

That was fast work, Zeke! I really like how this turned out.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

ChernayaAkula

Oh, what a beauty! :wub: Very sleek and elegant.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Damian2

:O I am not worthy!! I am not worthy!!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Chap

Amazing work Zeke, your craftsmanship is truly incredible.   

~Steve

Zeke

Thanks chaps... :wub:

A thoroughly enjoyable bit of kit-bashing, scaleorama... :thumbsup:...now what else is there in my collection that I can desecrate?... ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.