comic book build: Bordurian Bf.109

Started by Spey_Phantom, May 06, 2009, 08:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

for those who have read (or seen) the comic books of TinTin, then you might remember that there are interesting whiff subjects to find. one of these im now gonna build.

a messerschmitt 109 in Bordurian Luftwaffe markings  :mellow:
the kit i will be using is the airfix 1/72 Bf-109G-6 kit, its a later model then the one in the comics, but that wont make it anyless of a whiff, bordurians needed to upgrade to after tintin left the country in there own fighter
:lol:
decals will be custom made  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Draken35

Excellent choice, Nils!

If I remember correctly, Blue Rider decals have edited a decal sheet with Bordurian cockades...

Greetings from a Sudist fellow

Daniel

jorel62

I remember the cartoon on TV but, not that.......

Vulcan7

brilliant idea Nils  :ph34r: ;D :thumbsup: ...a classic cartoon   :thumbsup: ...(isn't there a Tin Tin feature film on the go at the moment, with Simon Pegg?)
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

sequoiaranger

...and make it a "Rin Tin Tin" whif.*

For those non-Yanks, "Rin Tin Tin" was a "famous" TV hero-dog belonging to the son (Rusty) of a US Cavalryman of Fort Apache in the American West in a long-running series on the telly in the 1950's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Rin_Tin_Tin
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

The Migrant

That should make an interesting model, Nils.  Have you seen this site?  It lists all of the aircraft from the Tntin series, just click on the various covers to see the a/c from each book.

Spey_Phantom

-UPDATE-

i have a small update.
there has been a change of kit, i have decided to leave the old airfix 109 because it didnt have much detail, and scratchbuilding cockpits isnt my strongest point. instead i have decided to use the RoG 1/72 Bf109 G-10 that was recently added to the stash.

Decals will most propably will not be the custom made ones. as our good friend, Martin H, has mailed me a set of Red Rider Decals for the 109. these will prove most usefull in this build, so expect to recieve some custom decals from me in return  :mellow:

if all goes to plan, i should be able to start on the build by the end of the week.
furthermore, im planning to make a diorama with it  ;D
i still have some leftovers from a Heller 1/72 RAF ground crew set, a piece of wood and and some feftover grass carpet.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Martin H on June 01, 2009, 02:36:45 PM
try Blue rider Nils LOL
whoops sorry, i allways seem to misspell that  :huh:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Draken35

Quote from: Nils on June 02, 2009, 12:39:14 AM
Quote from: Martin H on June 01, 2009, 02:36:45 PM
try Blue rider Nils LOL
whoops sorry, i allways seem to misspell that  :huh:

Really misspelling, Nils?
If you remember, Red Rider was a comic serie in "Robbedoes" a loooooong time ago (when my father was a young boy  ;D )
We still remain in the comics domain  :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

UPDATE

the build is about ready to start, the Bleu Rider Decals, provided by our good friend Martin H, have arrived with the mail today.
got the paint, glue, motivation, profiles......and we are off  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

sequoiaranger

Are you going to modify the Bf-109G's nose radiator to conform to the cartoon version (looking almost like a Bf-109B's), or figure the cartoon would "upgrade" to the G's radiator setup if it could?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Brian da Basher

That's awesome, Iceman! I always enjoyed seeing aircraft in the Tin Tin books, and that Bordurian 109 is one of the most striking Tin Tin-esque schemes! I'm gioing to enjoy this one immensely!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 04, 2009, 12:18:19 PM
Are you going to modify the Bf-109G's nose radiator to conform to the cartoon version (looking almost like a Bf-109B's), or figure the cartoon would "upgrade" to the G's radiator setup if it could?

i dont think i will, the way i see it, Borduria replaced there older 109F's with the newer G model in 1943.

-UPDATE-

the build has officialy started, the parts for the cockpit, the canopy, the prop, exsausts and spinner have revieved the paint. tomorrow im gonna try to do some dry brushing on the interiour  :mellow:

pics  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.