What are these?

Started by lenny100, May 07, 2009, 06:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

After a discussion at the show at Perth between some members of the sig and a few others from the tables around us, on the current postings about JMN,   I said rashley as I have never made figures before that I would do this.
Its now 99% complete just some twiglets to make and finish painting a 1/200 scale train so here goes

a close up of whats on the table including a 1/200 twin corsair and a RAF red arrows sea vixen

a modern corsair

a 1/900 VTOL hawkeye

and of coarse the twiglets

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

lenny100

a close up of the figures

the Junior of the two JMN as he still needs to carry his plans around but is dropping them at the things he has found.

his face looks kind of drunk.

the senior look kind of familiar

B777LR

sequoiaranger

I love it!

Thank you for reminding us that humor is an integral part of whiffing (I think, anyway).

**DARE** you take this to a "real" contest?????

I double-dog-dare you!! :wacko:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

chrisonord

Now that is just brilliant!! :lol:
This is just the kick in the pants the JMN's need, this is making me laugh big time.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

frank2056

Quote from: chrisonord on May 07, 2009, 09:04:45 AM
Now that is just brilliant!! :lol:
This is just the kick in the pants the JMN's need, this is making me laugh big time.
Cheers,
Chris.

Quote from: JMN"Interesting, but that mix of uniform colors would never have been seen in the same time frame and theater. Furthermore, the jackboot colors are off, according to my Freudlosenführer right here...."

I love the model though - especially the tiny whiffs. The VTOL Hawkeye is great!

Weaver

That is HILLARIOUS!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Class piece of work Sir!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lenny100

it will be at all the shows this year that i go to and will get it first public viewing at the agm

Zeke

It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Cobra

Awesome Job!!!!!!! this is TOO COOL :ph34r: Like your Concept Models in the Piece,Think a Major Builder might take Interest??????? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

lenny100

the small aircraft are all on my to do list and i even have the parts for a few which might get done one year if i stop having these stupid ideas at the shows and then go and get the parts to build it such as my saber hawk and a UK sandy i have on the go, which also came from conversations at Perth

GTX

Quote from: sequoiaranger on May 07, 2009, 08:45:10 AM
I love it!

Thank you for reminding us that humor is an integral part of whiffing (I think, anyway).

**DARE** you take this to a "real" contest?????

I double-dog-dare you!! :wacko:

I second the dare.

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sauragnmon

Thirded, I agree, that dare stands.  My gods, I was grinning the second I saw it all.  Brilliantly executed, Lenny, and the mini-whifs are the best part!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

HOG

Just a thought, are these based on anybody in particular?. If not will the Juju Missing Nuckleheades argue about who they most ressemble?. Very nice idea-you must do a whiffer next as a companion piece.  ;D
Cheers  :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?