F-8 What Ifs

Started by tigercat2, May 07, 2009, 03:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

Here are a few F-4s (great aircraft, it beat the USAF fighters at their own game in 1962).

Wes W.

sideshowbob9

Thanks. You have some corkers there.

If I may ask, what is the story of the Red Jolly Rogers tail? I've only ever seen VF-84 with black tails (when hi-viz that is).

tigercat2

Quote from: sipeshowbob9 on May 11, 2009, 05:02:37 AM
Thanks. You have some corkers there.

If I may ask, what is the story of the Red Jolly Rogers tail? I've only ever seen VF-84 with black tails (when hi-viz that is).

Easy answer; I fully realize that the correct color (in the real world) is black, but in my What If world, I thought red would look better.  That is the basic rule I use for all my models; since it is a What if World, anything goes.  I also used RF-4B decals, very colorful, on an F-4E; the thought there was that the Marines and possibly the Navy finally woke up and realized they needed an F-4 version with an integral gun.

Wes W.

sideshowbob9

Cool. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a real world scheme I missed, the humiliation would have been too much!

Have some gun-nosed Navy Phantoms planned myself!

Sauragnmon

Kudos for changing up the Jolly Ranchers - whiffing the markings of the most infamously overdone squadrons takes cojones, man.  Hat's off to you.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.