HM Armed Forces are here! Move over Action Man.....

Started by Nick, May 09, 2009, 01:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yea, yea, yea. What would I need with Sherwood Forest when I lived (still live) next door to the last remains of the Great North Wood.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

You should know that I'm completely trustworthy Mossie - just ask Duncan  :wacko:

http://www.citiesofscience.co.uk/go/London/ContentPlace_1971.html

Oh and it wouldn't have been the Robin Hood films that sparked me and my mates off Jon (and your name has been noted  ;D) but the 50's TV series. The William Tell one was good as well. Prompted Woolies to sell metal crossbows with powerful elastic bands as the string as toys - great stuff, health and safety eat your heart out  :party:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 21, 2009, 04:18:46 AM
Yea, yea, yea. What would I need with Sherwood Forest when I lived (still live) next door to the last remains of the Great North Wood.

So does that make you a relic of the Great North Wood  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

Not that you get Great North Wood at Chris's age..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Mossie I'm keeping a "special place" in the cells just for you when I assume supreme power  ;D

Where on earth has "respect for your elders" gone, nowadays ?  :party:

Mossie

I'll have to go underground & join the resistance!

NARSES2

Aircav

Quote from: Mossie on May 26, 2009, 02:27:44 AM
I'll have to go underground & join the resistance!

Just blow-up the curry tankers and that should bring Chris's Empire tumbling down or sink all the ships carrying toilet paper  :thumbsup:

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

NARSES2

Don't know what you lot are worried about anyway. The first thing I'll do is build a wall from the Wash to the Bristol Channel and everything North of it will be holiday homes and cheap labour  ;D Other implications of this policy can be viewed on my next election broadcast "Vote Chris for your Benevolent Despot"  :thumbsup: Why not ? some of the current European Election Broadcasts would be hilarious if the subject wasn't so important (and that's as far as I'll go)

I'll be using the Persian Empire's system of Satraps to rule by the way so I'm looking for volunteers for some of the Northern ones - I've already divvied up the Southern ones : and you think I'm joking  :wacko:

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 27, 2009, 02:29:22 AM
everything North of it will be holiday homes and cheap labour 

Situation normal then???

thedarkmaster

just read this thread and in reply to the bit about  " Knights in armour "  phase, this is me and my mates......never seem to have grown out of it !!!

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on May 27, 2009, 02:38:50 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 27, 2009, 02:29:22 AM
everything North of it will be holiday homes and cheap labour 

Situation normal then???

Well returning to the status quo any way  ;D

That re-enactment gear is fantastic. Once saw a guy traveliing to Salute at Kensington Town Hall in full armour with a halberd on the tube  :wacko:

Aircav

Why did the guy have a fish on the end of a peice of pipe ?

Sir Sydney Camm

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on May 27, 2009, 12:00:01 PM
Why did the guy have a fish on the end of a peice of pipe ?

He probably came from Grimsby  :drink: