A modern version of the F-8 Crusader (from JP VIEIRA's design) 1/48

Started by G.Marcat, May 13, 2009, 02:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

Months ago in this forum mr. VIEIRA have published a fantastic profile of a F-8 CRUSADER modernized with the addition of pieces taken from the F-18 HORNET: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21287.540.html

The VIEIRA's drawing:

So, yesterday afternoon I have started the conversion using the F-8 1/48 from MONOGRAM and the F-18 Blue Angels from MONOGRAM

To complicate the my life I have operate to remove the old style cannon bulges from the sides of the front fuselage.

First, reinforced the inside of the fuselage:

Today I sanded away the bulges:

Howedar

Awww, I love the bulges :(

Why not just start with a A-7 lower half?

tigercat2

How did you put those photos in your posting?  I thought that feature was disabled.

Wes W.

ChernayaAkula

Test probe has detected impossibly large amounts of "awesome" in this thread! Further studies definitely recommended! :bow: :thumbsup:

Will it get a new gun? It has to! It's the Gunfighter! Single Vulcan as per the A-7?  :wacko:

Wes, the pics are hosted on a third party site.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

tigercat2

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought for photos posted to a 3rd party site, you had to go to a different url.  Yours were posted right in the message.

Wes W.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: tigercat2 on May 13, 2009, 05:27:34 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought for photos posted to a 3rd party site, you had to go to a different url.  Yours were posted right in the message.

Wes W.

Hi Wes,
Go back to that e-mail I sent you.  Those instructions should help you post your pics from another site to this one.

Barry
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Howedar on May 13, 2009, 03:10:13 PM
Awww, I love the bulges :(  Why not just start with a A-7 lower half?

I will add a VULCAN gun fairing.
But I'm tempted of to do somewthing of more elaborated than the plain gun port as on the A-7 so could be something of similar or better, will see.

The gun port's future  shape & position is associated at the my intention of to change the front air intake grafting on the air intake from a F-16.
In the my dry tests the dimensions could be compatible.

G.Marcat

Another big day of productive work.

Today Afternoon adapted the canopy assembly from the F-18 Hornet Monogram to the CRUSADER:

Not glued the assembly because before I need to fix accurately the assembly and to paint the canopy's interior (I hate to paint).

AND... this is the new shape of the front fuselage:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Zeke

ooooh...how cool is this going to look>!...great stuff!... :thumbsup: :wub:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Howard of Effingham

very nice!  :cheers:

one to watch, i say.

particularly as that early stage forward fuselage just looks sooooo right!
Keeper of George the Cat.

BlackOps

GM, This is a very ambitious build, and totally cool design by JP, This is gonna be great!  :cheers: 
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sv51macross

Dan this looks sweet!  :thumbsup: It looks like it'll be awesome. Especially love how the wings look on it.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.