A modern version of the F-8 Crusader (from JP VIEIRA's design) 1/48

Started by G.Marcat, May 13, 2009, 02:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 31, 2009, 01:03:59 PM
Love that camo... that's a real wicked combination there, nice contrasting.

In a moment of creativity (go to see the two disasters made on the my  NF-104 http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23257.msg368812.html#msg368812 ) I was at a feet of distance from another disaster: I have tought of to use a combination of SAND and DARK TAN for the camo because I thought that the Sand-Green scheme was too much contrasted.
At the end, the Sand & Dark Green is the right choice.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

coops213

Wow, this is just awesome. Really makes you do a double-take when you see it.

Chris

sequoiaranger

I'm not much on "blowtorch" models, preferring "fans" myself, but I know a good one when I see one. I grew up in the era of F-8 Crusaders, so it's nice to see one "upgraded".

I took a double-take at the camo (didn't see the actual Marine aircraft from which it was taken until later) and it reminded me of "my" camo on the Globrey Blordiator I am working on.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25601.0.html

Keep going!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

G.Marcat

Over a year later the last time i put the my hands on this model, it's time to complete it.

The first idea was of to use on this model a decals sheet 48-179/32-053 from Two Bobs dedicated to the F-16N titled 48-179/32-053 F-16N Old School Adversarys.

At a certain point I instead turned at the idea of to do myself the set of decals thus opted for a complete "what if" marking.

Found in internet a website that offers free the USAF marking in VECTORIAL DRAWING FORMAT, using the Corel DRAW Program I printed the 4 US markings.
I also added The two MARINES  words.
This set was printed in a mid way tint of RED because I hope it should be visible over the DARK GREEN and SAND camo of the my F-818.

Today applied a LAYER OF GLOSS over the homemade decals to avoid the ink flush away  when the decals is immerged in the water.

The question is: will all this my job useful to something or just a loss of time?
Tomorrow will see.

Draken35

G.Marcat

Quote from: Draken35 on December 08, 2010, 09:13:20 AM
Very well done, nice build and interresting subject!!!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

The compliments for the subject must be done to mr. VIEIRA that do the original drawing, I have only added to the Vieira's design the wonderful camo weared from this F-16N :

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

John Howling Mouse

Sheer genius.  Love it.  Exciting blending of forms, topped off with a dynamic scheme.  Very, very eye-catching.

What was the link you found with the markings?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.