Terrain For Hippos: Reviving the art of Cardboard Cottage Construction!

Started by puddingwrestler, May 18, 2009, 05:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

There were some nice 1/300 scale Napoleonic infantry/cavalry/artilery produced where you could quite easily see the detail. Painted up very nicely as well. Can't remember off hand who produced them. Heroics/Ross also produce some nice 1/300 figures. Having said these are 1/300 - 6mm scale a lot of them had been stuck in a "grow bag"  ;D

As I said re 2mm scale I've no idea if they are still commercially available. A mate once bought a complete ACW set in a small plastic bag at Salute years ago. Contained 2 armies, scenery (hills, trees, houses, bridges, rivers etc) and a railway layout. All white metal and if memory serves for about £6  ;D

Detail on the figures was non existent but you could tel the firing line from the skirmishers from the marching figures and they looked good en-masse.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

GW's EPIC was 6mm Heroic scale. Meaning it was about 6mm scale, with all the nobs turned up to 11 and everyone in power armour.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

puddingwrestler

This time round, Grot is building a ship to do the Kessel run in 'twelf parsecs'. (He's a Hippo. He has an excuse for not understanding Parsecs. Han Solo doesn't.)
LINK!

puddingwrestler

Forgot to mention it; there's another reader's choice poll running.

philp

Poll cast.

By the way,what is Grot planning for the SFSFTB now that he already built his shuttle?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

Dunno. I've got a dust buster spare...

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

The First Annual Terrain Compometition is now completed and the winner's have been announced. Go check it out. Check it out I say!

arkon

i have read all your hippo museings(great stuff) but i got one general question,what is the inside measurements you use for bunkers with space marines? height is my most concern,but width n length are concerns also.how big a squad do you make it for? 5 or 6? just a general question.
starting to get in to the game, just want to build some stuff for it. if a hippo can do it i think i got a chance, thanks to your helpful tips. :drink:
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

puddingwrestler

I user outside measurements. A 12X8 bunker will usually fit a whole squad of Imperial Guard (10). I don't have marines, so I cannot tell you how many of them fit. Height wise I usually use 5cm.

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

puddingwrestler

Gentlemen, start your V8 interceptors and slip on your best arse-less leather chaps! It's Post Apocalypse Month over at TFH for the whole of January!
That's right, I'll be dusting off last years Muscle Car Apocalypse rules and actually doing something with them, incluidng teaching the gently irradiated masses how to prepare their own vehicles, kitbashing the living crud out of italian biplanes to make hover bikes, and more! I've already laid in supplies of cheap vehicles (a $2.50 op shop Tonka helicopter, and a $1 very beaten up op shop New Ray brand Peterbilt tanker) and outrageously moustachioed 1/32 scale heads!
So far, topics will include:
Building your first MCA cars + car accessories
Building an MCA truck for the convoy scenario
Building ruins etc. to crash into
hilights from the building of hover bikes, and probably resin monowheels.

Be there AND be square! It's that kinda hobby!

puddingwrestler

At long last, Ishoo Forty has been published! And the people did feast on the flesh of pigs, and stoats, and otters, and ocelots and there was much rejoicing!
Go and look at it!
It's a dwarven forge BTW

puddingwrestler

Post apocalypse month has finally kicked off with Modelling For Hippos Ishoo For: Muscle Car Apocalypse Cars (in which a certain hippo makes cars 'orl fighty')
Look upon my works ye mighty and be faintly impressed!