Terrain For Hippos: Reviving the art of Cardboard Cottage Construction!

Started by puddingwrestler, May 18, 2009, 05:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

puddingwrestler

Quote from: William Topaz McGonnigalOoooooooooo wonderous bridge over the silvery river... Reik?
Yes! The Toll Bridge is complete! More stable than the Tay Bridge! Unsung in the poetry of Scotlands Best Worst Poet! Able to cross broad rivers in a single span!
The Toll Bridge!

puddingwrestler

Anyone involved in wargames in Australia has probably come across CNC Workshop and their range of CNC MDF terrain kits. Well, HGC won a bunch of them for being the most awesome club in Victoria (or something) so it fell to the hippo and me to build them, and in the process do a little review...
TFH VS CNC

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

At last it is here! WW2 terrain for hippos!
Nissen Huts (of a sort)
And lo; the JMN (Nissen Hut Division) didst descend upon the Hippo and smite him hip and thigh, but yae, he didst shurg them off and smite them down with the Grotjack. Which they could not defend against as it was fictional.

puddingwrestler

NARSES2

Brilliant - love the oooze  ;D Should have put a little model hippo in there  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

Regretably there are not so many little model hippos out there...

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

puddingwrestler

I'm suprisingly bad at scratch building biological things...

There is always the mighty Mzima; Stone Golem from Reaper Miniatures... but he's abotu ogre sized.

And about due for a repaint... he's pretty chipped...

NARSES2

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 15, 2012, 08:11:48 PM
Regretably there are not so many little model hippos out there...

They have some smallish ones in the toy section of our local dept store. Didn't Airfix used to do a HO/OO zoo animals set ? I know they did farm animals

puddingwrestler

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

puddingwrestler

You hadn't noticed the time he gave the instruction 'Make like Mick Jagger an' painterate it blak?'
I cannot remember which ishoo that one was in, but he tends to order people to paint things blak regularly.