Terrain For Hippos: Reviving the art of Cardboard Cottage Construction!

Started by puddingwrestler, May 18, 2009, 05:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

And now, the latest from the Annual Terrain Compometition:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Captain Canada

Giant cats ! Thanks for the link...what a great selection of ruins ! I have saved the link I'd really like to try some of these.... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

puddingwrestler

Attend thee mortals, for the Duel of Kings is at an end, and the sorting of the victors from the weedy gits is at hand. I tender this evidence of victory.

puddingwrestler

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on August 09, 2015, 02:24:27 AM
A dice tower!  Something I had no idea existed but which now seems so obvious I don't know how I will ever play board games again without one.  The boy likes to play the Lego board games but is always losing the dice on the floor due to getting over enthusiastic with it.  I don't have any cradbroad so I might experiment with making a Lego one.
Thanks PW.

Lego dice tower proves to be a success.  The secret is to make sure the inside is smooth otherwise the rubber edges of the lego board game dice get caught.  Should also work with smaller "normal" dice.
Thanks for the inspiration PW.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

puddingwrestler

puddingwrestler

Gadzooks mighty speculative relicators! After much tribulation, turmoil, and terrain crusading, Terrain For Hippos has at last reached ISHOO WUN HUNRED!
Let there be unbridled joy throughout the lands! Let the bells ring from ever steeple (except in steeple-less areas obviously, where some sort of local equivilent will need to be employed, such as blaring trumpets or dancing maidens strewing flowers) Aye, the people shall feast upon the flesh of oxen and sheep and ducks and marmosets and Sir Robin's horse, and there shall be much rejoicing!
(exits left rejoicing)

BTW, if you ever wondered what Games Workshop's 'ALL TEH SKULLZZZZ' aesthetic would look if taken to it's logical extreme, this is the ishoo for you!

zenrat

Skulltastic PW.

www.thepartsbox.com do 1/25 resin skulls should you need more, smaller ones.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

puddingwrestler

The madness of April Fool's Day is at an end! I can now reveal that the Sigmarite Chapel was an hoax, and that
a: I don't much like GW's terrain kits because they are very expensive and lead to uniformity of tables
b: they are somewhat obsessed with skulls
c: I am not somewhat obsessed with skulls.
Behold the might of Ishoo Wun-Oh-Wun!

Rheged

Honoured sir, the residents of Chateau Rheged send their compliments and congratulations on reaching your first century.  Long may the LANDS OF THE RIVER HORSES flourish, with imagination (and idiosyncratic spelling) rampant!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on April 02, 2016, 01:07:10 AM
Honoured sir, the residents of Chateau Rheged send their compliments and congratulations on reaching your first century.  Long may the LANDS OF THE RIVER HORSES flourish, with imagination (and idiosyncratic spelling) rampant!!

I'll go along with that too

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on April 02, 2016, 01:07:10 AM

Wot he sed, but even more flow'ry.

By the way, who's Anna Roof?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

That's me fooled then.
For someone not somewhat obsessed with skulls you seem to have had a lot to hand...
Fred

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Weaver on April 02, 2016, 02:05:29 AM

By the way, who's Anna Roof?

"And A" - Hippos have trouble keeping words separate.

Steel Penguin

Well done pair of issuze  Mr PW sir,  though im not certain there are enough SKULLS in issuze 100  ( I do agree there can be an over abundance on the GW stuff, ) 
the dwarf 1/2 track is wonderful, ( nice to see the goodguys getting something to take on the skaven tank)
and the space port is incredible, you can see shapes in things, that I just cant  :bow:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!