Terrain For Hippos: Reviving the art of Cardboard Cottage Construction!

Started by puddingwrestler, May 18, 2009, 05:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Imagination is the limit. Cool inspirational stuff!  :thumbsup:

puddingwrestler

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Rick Lowe

"To Infinity - and Beyond!" - oh, sorry - wrong cartoon character, but the sentiment is appropriate.  ;D

That's some nice micro-scratchbuilding there.  :thumbsup:

puddingwrestler

Steel Penguin

:thumbsup:  even better-er Mr puddingwrestler,  orky and unique  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

puddingwrestler

puddingwrestler

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

Orkness has been started! There's an actual building now! Huzzah! All hail the Hotel Grunthos!

Soon there shall be the Spannanoggin'z Garage. And a chippy.

Rheged

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 10, 2018, 10:16:31 PM
Soon there shall be the Spannanoggin'z Garage. And a chippy.

Are we expecting a carpenter's shop, or a fried fish and chipped potato emporium?  Either (or both) would be appropriate!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

puddingwrestler

Orks don't use wood. They used to, but then they figured out how to steal metal from the empire, along with how to bully grots into mining and smelting the stuff. So it's achip shop. Because chips are clearly the orkiest of food. Clearly.

Weaver

You only have to look at the crowd spilling out of certain fish'n'chip shops on a Saturday night to see that they're clearly popular with orks...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

From the distant wastes of Orkness, the sound of thunderous engines draws near...

See the full build article.

The chip shop is underway. There will be no TFH ishoo dedicated to it since it uses the exact techniques used on the Hotel Grunthos. But there will be pics once it is done.

puddingwrestler

Greetings once more! Long has it been since this thread saw the light of day as all my recent projects, being Orky by nature, have ended up in the orky thread of or pertaining to the Pudding Wrestler. But no more I say!
Come with me now on a journey through space and time to the mid(ish) 90s and the lost are of Cardboard Cottage Construction!
Yes - a back to basics tutorial designed for the besieged student of Gippsland which uses only junk they have around the house and incidentally allows me to relive my teen years hunched over a glossy new copy of the red version of How To Make Wargames Terrain!
BEHOLD! THE CARDBOARD COTTAGE!