Terrain For Hippos: Reviving the art of Cardboard Cottage Construction!

Started by puddingwrestler, May 18, 2009, 05:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Ishoo Twenty-Fiv just went online...

and now it's

so don't forget to vote in the poll.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

NARSES2

They are good, you can almost smell them  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

beowulf

brilliant...........i keep getting some great ideas from your work.....what did you use for the 'thatch' on the roofs?
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

puddingwrestler

Old towels - I was sure the technique appeared in another ishoo, or I'd have gone into more detail. Of course on checking, it did not. So I'll have to go into more detail in future. And post an adendum to that ishoo explaining.

beowulf

thanks.......very creative work  :thumbsup:
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

puddingwrestler

Now then chaps, don't forget to vote on the reader's choice poll now!

philp

Quote from: puddingwrestler on January 01, 2011, 05:13:28 PM
Now then chaps, don't forget to vote on the reader's choice poll now!

Been there, done that.

How about some wrecked spacecraft and wrecked armor?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

I'm about to do wrecked cars.
As to wrecked spacecraft, they tend to require a lot fo kit parts for details, which is somethign I try to avoid on TFH since I cannot guarantee the readers have those parts and I try to keep costs down. I have actually never completed a wrecked space craft (the Ork Drop ship is not wrecked, that's just how orks land...), and the crashed shuttle from 'The Battle for Macragge' is cheaply aquired and rather a nice model, so these days I don't see too much point.

For the ultimate in ship wreckage (and the proof of my point - lots of kit parts, lots of time, and an ishoo would need to be 100 pics long to get it all in) behold the wreck of the dauntless!

puddingwrestler

The major event of SF Month is upon us - My First Underhive Phase One. And the construction contract has gone to...
HOUSE DELAQUE!

beowulf

amazing what you can make from left over bits and pieces....every time i look at your updates, at the start i think what the hells that going to be and at the end it all comes together  :thumbsup:

got to ask.....these are sizeable pieces of work.......where do you keep them all????

but you will never get a job on Blue Peter.......no loo rolls or washing up liquid bottles  ;D

puddingwrestler

Most things I make (apart from the 15mm stuff) end up at my games club, the Noble Society of Millitary Simulationists of Hampton (known to the plebes as Hampton Games Club), where it is stored in eight large tubs, each having a capacity of about 90 litres or something. We also have two cupboards and a few lesser boxes and tubs. And we have purges every now and then.
Some items are made for purerly educational purposes and, although dispicably nifty, are of no use to Teh Cloob. These I tend to sell off on eBay about once a year. There's going to be another auction around February in all likelihood.
And then there are times when something I build just doesn't work. These are either hurled forth from the upper battlements, or auctioned off on eBay to people who lack my refined taste.

puddingwrestler

My First Underhive Phase Two has just gone up.
And the building contract this time went to...
HOUSE VAN SAAR!

beowulf

poo brown?..................is that a tamiya or vallejo colour?

puddingwrestler

Citadel actually, but we don't use the real names anyways. Choccy Brown is Wattyl or Dulux I think.

beowulf

i will ask for some next time i go into Games Workshop  ;D

i used to work for a certain car manufacturer in the UK.......we had a colour called Irvine Brown....named after a paint engineer who had unfortunatly died before the new car came out...........no one ever called it Irvine Brown............it was always Dogs**t Brown  ;D

im looking forward to seeing these wrecked cars you mentioned a while back  :thumbsup: