Terrain For Hippos: Reviving the art of Cardboard Cottage Construction!

Started by puddingwrestler, May 18, 2009, 05:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

The great two part "One Shape, Four Ways' mighty double-spread ishoo is online! Watch aghast as Grot and his co-stars take a simple building, and build four totally different ones from it!

Read PART ONE here
REad PART TWO here
Stand by for the next ishoo HERE
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

beowulf

yay!....Grots back!

although i dont wargame and dont need to make stuff like this i do get inspiration from it in the form of thinking how to use stuff in alternative ways, and seeing how you use paint effects  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

puddingwrestler

Remember gentlemen, even those who do not play wargames and do not need terrain need to enter the terrain compometition, mostly because what you DO need is a shiny badge and a nice TFH custom mug to keep paint brushes in. Or tea if you want.

Also remember there's a reader's choice poll running. And you certainly need to vote on that one.

puddingwrestler

I've just posted See you your selves.]The Ishoo Grot Doesn't Want You To See.[/url]
So naturally, you should go and see it.

RotorheadTX

Grot in the chicken outfit - that KILLS!  ;D

Thanks for another bunch of good laughs!  :thumbsup:

puddingwrestler

Quote from: RotorheadTX on July 11, 2011, 06:33:19 PM
Grot in the chicken outfit - that KILLS!  ;D

Thanks for another bunch of good laughs!  :thumbsup:
Well he WOULD kill (me) except that I talked him out of it by promising he can do the whole of the next ishoo in steam driven power armour. A sort of Grot O War if you will permit a little Khadoran humour.

puddingwrestler

That's right hippo fans; Ishoo Firty Free is now online for your amusement and amazement! Behold the awesome might of the Grot O War! Gasp at the death defying construction of the winch! Thrill to the application of reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely thin plaster! Sing along with your favourite tunes during the toe-tapping finale.... er.... wait.... maybe not that last one.
TFH ISHOO FIRTY FREE!

puddingwrestler

The latest poll is up, and it's a tie! Go forth my friends and break the tie! Vote! Win! Prevail!

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

puddingwrestler

There are mere hours left to vote chaps! Go forth and vote!
HERE

puddingwrestler

Thanks to all those who voted in the poll - an unprecedented 33 votes were cast, and a solid victory went to 'Levetating Altars' so I'll be getting those done soonish, probably after I've painted some 15mm SF stuff up, and of course, finished the Greek Temple.
Keep an eye out for it Hippo Fans!

puddingwrestler

Gentlemen; kindly bend your footsteps TFH-wards to behold what a Hippo can do when aided by 299 of his mates.
this! is! SCENERY!!!!

puddingwrestler

I've been toying witha  few ideas for extra features on the blog. You can go and vote for which ones you want to see included by clicking on this dark and sinister link.