What did you do over the weekend?

Started by Supertom, May 18, 2009, 06:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

Spent the weekend at the beach.  My niece has her HS graduation ceremony tonight.  So we spent the weekend down in Gulf Shores AL, along with my daughter & her family.  Nice weather, nice view and some down time at the beach & pool playing with the grandkids.  And helping my brother-in-law work on eliminateing a bottle of excellent Kentucky Bourbon. Unfortunately, we have to head back home tomorrow.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PR19_Kit

As it was Mrs. PR19's 60th birthday on Friday we spent Friday out sightseeing in the Cotswolds (counting Herks and Chinooks beating up the hill tops....) and went on a shopping spree for her on the Saturday. Went cycling that evening, got home TOTALLY knackered and fell asleep on the couch till 2 am. Sunday I started re-building another of my bikes, having spent a small fortune on bits for it over the last month.

Plastic, what's plastic?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Jeffry Fontaine

Shared a banana with my lawn mower, stayed inside in the shade in accordance with the medication I am taking for my sinus infection and endured muscle aches, and headaches most of the weekend.  The up side is that my breathing is much easier now but still not over what ever it is that is growing in my head.  Still waiting for the antibiotics to finish it off and send it out in body bags.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Brian da Basher

I worked some, helped my girlfriend get her car inspected, had an old friend over for BBQ and movies and beer on Saturday and spent Sunday recovering...
:drink:
Brian da Basher

B777LR

Friday i went to school. Then i came home. Then i packed my bag. Then i went into town to get some beer, and came home with 6 cans of Heineken and 6 cans of Royal. Then i went to Odense. My mother drove me. I noticed that the soon-to-be worlds largest ikea is now painted blue. Then i arrived at the station. I purchased Flight International. I went to my train. I got in at the wrong end of the 16 carriages, all of them packed. I realised that i was going to the other end of the 16 carriages. The wheels went round and round and round. The train was moving at great speed. I finally got to the seat i had reserved, having to claim it from a sleeping (so typical) man. I met with my friend who was sitting at the opposing seat. I sat back in my seat and relaxed for 1 hour and 45 minutes. The train pulled into Århus station. I got out and met some more friends (all of us being scouts). About 20 of us got onto a bus, and rode for 50 minutes and a few seconds to some place in the middle of nowhere. We then went the a cottage, and started partying. The party lasted until Sunday at around 4 AM. In the morning i found that i had almost exhausted all my beer reserves. The most played song went somewhere along the lines "Martin the uranium deer". We then got back onto the bus for about 50 minutes. About 20 more scouts joined us in the bus, scaring off quite a few potential passengers at the bus stops (the reactions were hillarious! ;D). Back onto my train, find my seat, ride for 20 minutes, get delayed in 25 minutes, and finally some time after that i was back at Odense. Then i was picked up by my parents. Todays i went sailing with the Sea Scouts. Had a water fight with the girls on the boat. (that resulting in me vs. everyone).

See, i didn't really do anything...

Daryl J.

Took my kindergarten twins to Dozer Day at the local quarry where they drove and operated heavy equipment.   Think Disneyland in the dust/dirt....there were 10's of thousands there.   30K perhaps??   Now my kids who haven't even reached first grade have driven stuff I only dream to.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

Had an unexpectedly long weekend (5 days) so we spent a lot of family time making up for these past several months where, unacceptably, I've been only 'Weekend Daddy'.   The Porco Rosso kit almost got tackled, but family too precedence.    :thumbsup:

The extra days off may have just got me a much much better job too!   Wednesday about noon I got a call at the house (where I never am at that part of the week) that a dentist I know had just blown out his shoulder and will likely have to leave the profession.   It's one of those rare practices where it is both really good for the patients and is really good for the dr. too.    I check it out first hand this Wednesday!   

Daryl J.

GTX

I was sick with the flu...oink, oink!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cobra

Not Much, just started Planning a few Projects and Waiting for the Site to come back. Anyone been to Oshkosh,WI in the USA????? go there from time to time for the EAA Airventure fly-in!!!!! plan to work on Maybe doing some Ace Combat related Models sooner or Later!!!!!!! stay Cool :ph34r: :thumbsup: :cheers:

PanzerWulff

I tried to post my finnished Sovietize it GB entry only to find out site was down  :banghead: so I spent the weekend playing Samaurai Warriors Extreme legends with my nephew And STOMPING him in MK,Street fighter alpha,Soul Calibur and Rumble Roses on my Playstation2  ;D
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

CanisD

I sat around waiting for What-if to come back online, and yes, I do need help.  ;D
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

Shasper

Had a full wkn of fuuuun. . . The GF's grandma passed away last wkn (while I was at the Barksdale airshow oogling over Tutors) so I had to attend the funeral on Wed, then I brought her back to my place for the rest of the week . . . had bad case of food poisoning fri, then after getting myself back together drove her home for the wkn & had some awesome east Texas BBQ chicken wings

Great way to end the school yr!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Sisko

Bought a 2200 litre rainwater tank and pressure pump and will get it delivered next week. Going to be fun plumbing that into the house.

Broused a model shop and bought a Dragon 1/72 Do-335 recon long wing version. This will get turned into a Ukranian Nationlist COIN platform.

Had a mate over Saturday night to watch my team cream his team by 40 odd points in the AFL. Much beer and red wine was consumed. We then rounded the night by watching some classic eighties cinema. Terminator 1 and Mad Max II.

Big Sunday Breakfast at one of the local cafe's with my wife and then modelled most of the day.

All in all it was a great weekend :thumbsup:

Was the site down? :rolleyes:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Fairly normal weekend actually.

Saturday. Read e-mails, ordered from Hannants, read "Grumpy Old Modeller", had lunch, read for a couple of hours and then listened to this weeks installment of who's getting relegated from the Premiership. Finally went out for a couple of pints.

Sunday. Read e-mails, little light reading, down the club lunchtime, home, dinner, nap, watched telly and went to bed.

As I said fairly routine weekend - don't normally model over one for some reason.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: van883 on May 18, 2009, 10:36:27 AM
I went to the Duxford show where I met up with my father (who travelled there on his own by public transport from south London at the age of 85!)-we spent all day there then I drove him home and spent the night at my parents.
I bought a Xtrakit Scimitar from a very disinterested person at Hannants-he didn't give a toss about receiving polite and considered  feedback about the Xtrakit Sea Vixen and Canberra kits. he said he wasn't interested in aircraft models-only tanks!

Van

Having done that journey by public transport I'm impressed, especially on a weekend.

As for Hannants I assume it was the "Home Office" rather then the franchise ? They do generally seem to show a complete lack of regard for the customer. Sometimes you get a good one, but mostly it's Mr Glum
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Damian2

On Fri the anit-biotics killed the last of the bugs in my sinuses (same problem as Jeff).

Sat: worked at the IPL game until 14:30, rushed home to get dressed for a wedding at 16:00. Enjoyed food but no drink as I was designated driver :)

Sun: enjoyed a lazy day off, no beach time as a cold front from Cape Town smooshed into town with rain and winds (25kts gusting 35-40kts). Bought some new earphones for gym and collected boxes for our upcoming move.

D

ps. checked the site too :D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.