Your Current In-Progress List

Started by John Howling Mouse, May 18, 2009, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Normally I'm the same as Brian (start one, finish one), but the situation with group builds and real life problems has left me with this lot at the moment:

Avro Atom: 1/72nd lightweight fighter with Gnat body and MiG-21 wing: 50% built, put aside for GBs

Westland Pteradon: 1/72nd four engined tandem-wing fighter made from 2 x F-5Es: 25% built, put aside for GBs

Yak-130 Frogspawn: 1/72nd Sovietized Mystere IV for Sovietize It GB: 75% built, put on back burner because paint c0ck-ups made it impossible to finish for deadline

BAC Narwhal: 1/144th supersonic flying boat bomber based on Concorde for Flying Boat GB: 10% put on back burner because of indecision about basic elements on the concept, unlikely to be finished in time now

Steampunk LSR car: 1/72ndish steam-powered entry for LSR GB: 20% built, put on back burner because of lack of time

Avro-Cierva Dragonfly: 1/72nd "Westlandised" Huey for Helo GB: parts laid out on table, RW time-eating problems piling on thick and fast.... :rolleyes:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

HOG

Lessee,
1:48
Solid Balsa Horten Ho X
Dragon      Horten IX
Tamiya      Me 109E-1 on ski`s
Revell conv Me 163C
2x Airfix Me109F`s as Zwilling
Hasegawa 109G as butterflytail
Airfix & Cooper Details 109F Marselle
Rebuild Me 262C-1 (curtesy of the cats)
   "      Me 262 Mistal        Ditto   

Assorted
Revell Spacesuit + Manouvering pack 007/Moonrakerish
Mechywalkythingy
Bandai (?) Spectrum Passenger jet
                     "      Saloon Vehicle
               T/Birds Mole
                Thunderbird 1
                       "         2
Etc etc etc
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

chrisonord

Most of my WIP's are in the ready for decal stage, all in 1/72nd scale as follows
ESCI TU-22m Cartel bomber
3 mig-21's Cartel
1 mig-29 cartel.
1 SU-25 Cartel
KA-27 cartel
ESCI  KA-33 the (wrong one) Cartel
mil mi-28 cartel.
Su-47 Berkut, oh no, the cartel aint having that!!
mirage 3 bz honduras.
Kfir honduras
mirage 2000/5 Honduras
Mitsubishi Mu armed patrol bird Honduras
F-84 COIN turbo prop conversion Honduras
Dasault Ouragan turbo prop COIN bird Honduras
A-4m Honduras.
DO 228?? ELINT Honduras
AV-22 gunship US marines
resin Jadar Oshkosh 8x8, and I think it will stay that way also....I hate resin kits!!
Stealth UCAV, need to make it some wings that suit, all apart from the F-22 engine nozzle is scratch built.
Kopro L-39 don't like the hand paint job I have done so is on hold
Hawk 100, made a complete pigs ear of the paint job, so is half stripped of paint and stuffed at the back of the shelf.
A-37 Honduras.
Mig-35 stealth fighter thing needs decals
scrap box challenge special, made from bits out of the dead plane box. It is stuck together with out lining most of the parts together properly, but it was just a something to do job. I will put pics up of it when I finish it. It is a trans-atmospheric F-305 ish type thing, with 2 rail guns and will have 8 missiles on it.
Gazelle anti tank helicopter, Honduras.
Augusta A-109k air defence helicopter Honduras.
turbo mentor COIN bird Honduras
Tucano COIN bird Honduras.
armed assault landing craft, this was started over a year ago, now it sits in the shed with a load of my US marine armour crammed in it.
AH-64 sea apache, armed with stingers ECM pods and 2 penguin ASM's.US marines
3 AH-66 comanche US Marines.
puma turned into a Rambo ish Mil gunship Cartel.
There is probably more, the cartel stuff is in need of some roundels but I don't know what to use instead of the russian ones.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sequoiaranger

...are several models, most with just some preliminary head-work and parts search, some decal search, or somesuch. I truly do work on only one project at a time for the most part, but sometimes get a "running start" on another.

Current project:

1. Aichi/Heinkel 119 torpedo-bomber. Special "German Pacific" markings looking like a Zuni sun symbol. Radiator moved overhead to blend in with top gunner's position (looks like a He-70). Glide torpedo "Fliegenfische" armament.

In the pipeline, with no particular priority:

2. Yokosuka D4Y8 Suisei-Kai Kamikaze/dive bomber---much like inline-engined Ryusei with mega-modifications that won't really be noticed.  :angry:

3. Yokosuka C6Y1 "Yamagumo"---Reece plane, first Japanese aircraft over Pearl Harbor. Will look like single-seat Suisei.

4. Douglas Decimator---"early" Skyraider with Devastator canopy and three torpedoes. Aboard the new Hornet, painted like a Midway veteran, and decorated as "The Revenge of Torpedo 8"

5. Heinkel He-211---Phoenix re-build of a German 4-engined He-111 (a popular whif from long ago)---will increase size/length of fuselage with Lindberg 1/64 He-111 fuselage additions.

6. "Navahawk"---twin-engined P-40 (a RW build, but modified), in "Navajo" camouflage (Monument Valley in abstract).

7. "Doshaburi" ("Cloudburst")----human-guided rocket bomb. Prone pilot, glass nose, big, crude "X" on the glass for aiming!

8. "Bleariator"---a nearly RW mod of Gloster Gladiator--Twin "great war"-style MG's on top wing, and Blenheim engine and Swordfish wing additions (this was an actual modification at Malta, but was bombed before flying). Painted in "Maltese" camo (abstract overhead view of island--ochre/blue/green/gray) with red Maltese cross for center red dot in British roundel.

9.  Desert Heinkel He-113---Use "Nanzan" as a base for developed He-100 fighter. In Desert camo with Africa/African/Lion squadron emblem.

10. Hawker Henley Dive Bomber---An amalgam of various Hawker products to enhance Britain's only RW attempt at a "modern" WW II dive bomber.

11. "USS Bon Homme Richard" Angled-deck super-Yorktown-class carrier (Furashita's Fleet) 1/700 scale.

12.  IJN "Yokozuna"---stretched, twin-stack, four-turret Yamato (Furashita's Fleet) 1/1200 scale.

Lots more, but....?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

pyro-manic

The "Navahawk" sounds really interesting! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

BlackOps

These kinds of topics really let me appreciate what a slacker I am!  :blink: 

1/48 MiG-21 - slated for the profiles group build 

1/32 Steampunk Stuka

1/72 Vosper Pirate Patrol Boat

1/72 Sovietized Banshee - Taking a lot longer than I'd anticipated (PSR) :banghead:

1/72 Israeli Super Sabre

1/72 Japanese F-22 Raptor

1/32 He-162 Salamander

1/72 X-32 (single tail version)

1/350 Airship Battlecruiser

The following are mostly found item/scratchbuild/kitbashed stuff

Space Carrier - built from toner cartridges

Space Fighter - built mostly from scraps in the extras box

Porcupine Communications tank - built with a Microsoft mouse

Scarab fighter - built using a fancy plastic paper clip

Hover tank - based on a 1/72 Merkava and a white out tape dispenser.

I'm pretty sure there's a few more buried in my mess but there's now way I'm diggin' through there!

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Joe C-P

Hoooo-boy. I really gotta find some time for myself again to work on these.

1/720 Sovietized Graf Zeppelin CV for the Sovietize It build.
1/720 Soviet battleship Potemkin based on a plan I found and some historical re-interpretations.
1/350 USS Hudson City, AOEN-5, for the Phoenix build.
1/72 USN SBC Helldiver bipe in mid-WW2 colours, for a WW2 in the 1930s build.
1/72 FV-8D USN Harrier OR Dutch Plunderaar from the Patchwork World.
1/72 Su-34 in some US markings for Sukhoi comes to America group build.

Once I get them off the desk, I have a 1/540 Revell real-world USS Saratoga to finish. It does need more aircraft, unfortunately, as the kit has few aircraft and no E-2s.
After that, some more real worlds - 1/700 USN AOR to finish a BB-62 SAG group, then some more BB-62 dios - 1983 with USS Midway, Vietnam with USS Towers DDG-9 and USCGC Owasco, Korea with (don't know which yet), and WW2 with CL USS Biloxi and a Fletcher DD or two.
Of course, something Whif will come up to interrupt the big build. There's a CV Kuznetsov, a post-WW2 HMS Ark Royal, and so many other kits.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I've been avoiding this one for a while, but it's a quiet morning here at work so far, so (deep breath)..... here goes:-

What Ifs
Mexican MiG 29 - 1:48 Academy
'Desert' Alpha Jet - 1:48 Heller

Real World
Bill Dunham's P-47 Razorback - 1:48 Tamiya
VA-86 A-7E Corsair - 1:48 Hasegawa
SAAF Mirage IIICZ - 1:48 HobbyBoss
Bf109G-10 - 1:48 Hasegawa
Ostermann's Bf109F-2 - 1:48 Hasegawa
SEAC Hurricane IIc - 1:48 Hasegawa
CR.42 - 1:48 Italeri
Hs123 - 1:48 Italeri/Esci
J35F Draken - 1:72 Hasegawa
Sukhoi Su22M4 - 1:72 Italeri
HH-53C - 1:72 Italeri (this could migrate to the 'What If' list)
Harrier Gr1 - 1:72 Esci
Ju87R-2 - 1:48 Hasegawa
(to be fair, these last two are on the workbench right now and only recently started)

Opel 'Blitz' & 20mm FLAK & figures - 1:35 Italeri/Tamiya/Dragon
M-18 Hellcat - 1:35 Academy & Verlinden detail set
M-60A3 - 1:35 Esci
M-2 Bradley - 1:35 Tamiya
T-34/76 (1942) & figures  - 1:35 Tamiya
Rail crossing diorama - 1:35 Verlinden

1970 Trans Am - 1:24 Monogram

Well that's all I can recall for now; Of course this doesn't count any of the projects that have reached 'advanced pre-planning' yet (advanced pre-planning = opened the box, added any extra details, decals etc then closed the box), only the ones where plastic has been cut and/or painted & glued ! :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Hobby boss 1/72 corsair
Hobby boss 1/72 La something or other, can't remeber the exact number. As my wife would say it's the blue one! ;D
GW Leman Russ. This one is absolutley bog standard not mods at all.
Metal craft 1/32 scale Hornet. This is a commission for a mate. Part Die-cast part plastic it is an absolute PIG!!!!! A promise is a promise :angry:
AMT Pirate bird of prey

The rest are so far in the future that to list them would be pointless because it can change at a whim
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

NARSES2

Well seeing some of these lists I feel a little better  ;D

Current WIP (not counting those that have been consigned to the naughty step)

Supermarine 327
NA Fury
Coronado (1/144)

The above 3 are currently under way

In preparation are

1 Hawker Typhoon
2 Hawker Tempests

In various stages of completeness - some nearly done and not all WIF's

Lockheed XP58
Me 109G
Cierva Auto Giro
Super Crusader
Saro SR 177
Blackburn Skua
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

Oh dear, this could be a very long post. I haven't finished a project in nearly a year! At present I have approx. 230 WIPs!  :blink:

I'm afraid I have a magpie mentality, where I'll start something, then go ooooo that's a good idea and start something else.

This week my frontburner WIPs are, in no particular order:

Boulton Paul Sea Defiant (Br. Taurus engine)
Hawker Hurricane (A.S. Tiger engine)
Hawker Hurricane (Br. Mercury engine)
Hawker Hurricane (H.S. 12Y engine - Vichy)
Hawker Hurricane (Al. V-1710 engine)
Westland Merlin Lysander
Fairey Battle TT.20 RAAF (R-1830)
Fairey Fulmar Floatplane
Fairey Fulmar TF.III (Br. Taurus engine)
Supermarine Sabrefire I (Sabre engined Spitfire I)
Curtiss P-36M (M-82 engined Hawk - VVS)
McD F-4I Indian Navy (AA-10 armed)
American Electric F-112A Lightning (Radome w/ side intakes)
Boeing P2B-2S Superfortress (USN)
Boeing R2B-2W AWACS Stratofreighter (USN)
Lockheed PB2V/P3V Constellation (USN)
Hawker Tempest (V-3420)
Hawker Tornado (R-R Vulture)
Curtiss P-53A (I-1430)
Vought F4U-6N (IV-2220 FAA)
Grumman Twin Tarpon (2 x R-R Merlins - FAA)
M.S. 406 (R-R Merlin Free French)
Dewoitine D.790 (Carrier-borne D.520 - Vichy)
Sovietised A-6 Intruderski - inspired by the Sovietise It Group Build

I think there's enough there to keep me occupied for a while  ;D