the "were going to the moon" GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, May 19, 2009, 11:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

July 20, 1969, man has set foot on the moon for the first time (apparently, lot of hoax cospiracy out there)
so i was thinking:

the lunar landing is celebrating its 40th anniversary this summer, so i was thinking, why not host a GB to honnor the brave men and women who pulled it off.
but what if the russians got there first, or maybe even france or brittain  :thumbsup:

what would your design be for a british or even Soviet lunar landing system.

"thats one small step for man, one giant leap for whiffing  ;D"
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

Ooh, nice idea! I'd probably do the lander from the Ministry Of Space graphic novel, maybe a double entry for this and the Comic Book GB.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Hobbes

The Russians did have plans for a manned moon mission, using the N-1 rocket. There may be plans for the lander floating around the net somewhere...

GTX

Maybe a Nazi Moon landing with a Saturn V with swastika on the side?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

This is actually Star Ship Modeler's current modeling competition - do we really want to double up?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

jcf

jcf

Quote from: GTX on May 19, 2009, 02:32:17 PM

Regards,

Greg

Naah ... the Colliers/Disney Von Braun rocket.  ;D

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nev

This is the 3rd "Sci-Fi" GB proposed lately - maybe we should just have a "Sci-Fi" build?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Daryl J.

Now where is that poster showing the antique aircraft flying to the planets along with their ETA's??

Daryl J.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

bluedonkey99

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on May 19, 2009, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: GTX on May 19, 2009, 02:32:17 PM

Regards,

Greg

Naah ... the Colliers/Disney Von Braun rocket.  ;D

The Von Braun stuff was available from Fantastic Plastic website, or one of the reissues of the Glencoe kits but it the Disney/braun or the other TWA Mars lander

or at least the Soviet N-1 rather than a Saturn!
unless you scalarama a V-2 from one scale to another (although probably been done to death many times!)

...or, surely you should build a saucer like Hanebau!

as for the Soviet Luna Lander
http://www.astronautix.com/craft/lk.htm
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/lk.html
looks more robust crew compartment that the NASA Turkey/Baco foil box!

more like a deep sea bathosphere/bathoscope "with legs!"

maybe someone has one of the "other"  Mars Lander whifs - to be hacked, mashed or adapted?
afterall it looks like some ping-pong balls and some plaststruct girders and widgets and 'bob's you uncle!'
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Mars-Probe-Lander-from-Lindberg-PREORDER-RESERVATION_p_532.html

GTX

This one could be covered by this.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Kruaxi

It's a good idea. I'm an astronautic fan, and i know a lot about. 'Moon hoax' conspiracy is ridiculous, it means not knowing the physics and the history. A 'what if GB' would be a tribute to those brave men who reached our satellite, and even those who could not, as the Russians.
Is a good thing that my English is so bad, otherwise i would bore you with long discussion on why the conspiracy lovers are wrong...  :thumbsup:

Salute e Latinum per tutti !
'Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to, above all have FUN'-Al Superczynski-

Army of One

Everyone knows Britain were first on the moon in 1899 and that it is inhabited by 'selenites'....!! as re created in the factual film 'First Men on the Moon'.....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!