I have the plane - where's King Kong?

Started by frank2056, May 25, 2009, 10:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Yep, the Snowcat has possibilities.

As for Kong, sources quote it anywhere between 25-50 ft tall.  If you go with the later number, your Kong would be about 1 3/4" tall.  I know I have seen toy gorillas about that size.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Doc Yo

The lower figure is closer to the mark-but it often gets exaggerated. Reaper miniatures used to make ( 5-6
years ago ) a very good 'Rampaging Gorilla' that would be about the right size, and in an appropriate pose.
I see if I can find an example or two.

Here's one- http://www.reapermini.com/figurefinder#detail/02466 
Reaper has four others, only one of which would really be suitable, unless you want to want to get really
weird with it..."Ape" as the search term turns up more options than "gorilla" ( There is  an "Ape Lord" figure
thats a little closer to Jackon's Kong, but its one of the higher end figures at 44.95 )

Brian da Basher

That Goshawk is really sweet, Frank! I was thrilled to see you post this as I have a bunch of these and some other 1/350 scale navy biplanes in the stash for an airship aircraft carrier project I'm planning. Those tiny spats are really cute!
:wub: :wub:
Brian da Basher

frank2056

Craig, the "carnivorous ape" looks really good! It's giving me ideas. Before I buy a figure, i want to try my hand at modifying/de-evolvinga  1" figure to ape status.

I started work on a second Goshawk; the Matchbox Mad Trencher came out of retirement to work for Trumpeter on these little guys!
I spent a few minutes carefully sanding everything (especially the wings and landing gear) down closer to scale. It really makes a difference in the appearance of the plane.