Rafale Winged Belgian F-16C

Started by sv51macross, May 31, 2009, 08:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sv51macross

Finished this a few weeks ago but every time it occoured to me to post it the damn camera was out of juice again!  :banghead:

So here it is. Started life as the AFV Club F-16A Blk-20 RoCAF kit, but the resin and decals were tossed in spare parts and my 'old rejects' box full of cut-up plane fuselages came out. I was inspired by one particular model in the galleries (don't know how to link to specific pages, the url is the same for individual entries as the index)

No backstory in particular, except that Rafale Wings would increase payload and maneuverability. (bigger and thicker...Wakko, shut up!) Carrying a centerline GEPOD that came from the kit and Kinetic pods/tanks/pylons/bombs.

I'll get more pics up, these were the only decent ones out of the few I managed to shoot off before aforementioned doomed-to-damnation camera ran out of juice.

Logan Hartke

That looks great!  Very unique.  Nice job.

Cheers,

Logan

ElectrikBlue

sideshowbob9

That wing compliments the Viper quite nicely! Great idea and build  :thumbsup:

Spey_Phantom

im seeing and im liking  :wub:
everything in Belgian markings is fantastic in my eyes, and what a concept  :wub:

excelent work  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

comrade harps

Looks right. Love the subtle camo too.
Whatever.

Shasper

Not sure about the canards. . . BUT the wing is bad-a!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

ChernayaAkula

Drop-dead gorgeous!  :wub: Waiting for more pics!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

WOW! I'm impressed with how well the Rafale wings go with the F-16.  Nice model.

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kitnut617

I like too  :thumbsup: but as Shas says, dunno about the canards, I think I would've put them on the same level as the wing (sort of like an Su-27/30/34/whatever)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

BlackOps

WOW! This looks so very Right!  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

Nice ! Very subtle but very diferent !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Supertom

Nice work there, especially blending the wings onto the Rafale.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

chrisonord

Wow this thing looks just so right,I think one of those will have to go on the to do list  :thumbsup:
Nice one
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Sauragnmon

His positioning of the canards on the engine intake is precedented off the CCV Viper, among other ones that featured canards that were mounted on the engine intake area, generally canted downwards.

The Rafale wings afford it a sleek, swept look, which is quite interesting.  It's certainly a different shade from the XL's Cranked Delta look.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.