Borovkof-Tof and Me-262 HG.V

Started by Tophe, June 02, 2009, 08:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I am continuing my GP-38 but the next ones will be resin (Unicraft 1/72):
- Borovkov-Tof: Borovkov-Florov D without jet not propeller nor external wings
- Me-262 HG.V: HG.IV with external wings of the Borovkov and no jets either
(I will have no camera during 2 weeks but I will show later the work on them, below is the kit-basis, already what-if but not enough for me...)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Brian da Basher

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these come out, Tophe! I'm always impressed by your projects and working in resin takes some skill.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Here is the principle of the Borovkof-Tof part: from an aircraft killer into a little object taking less room in my shelves :blink:

Tophe

John Howling Mouse

You are becoming quite prolific, my friend (cheering you on from Canada)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Sorry JHM: I am going to kill the T-tail of the Borovkov-Tof. At last the fins will be external foreplanes, the (former) jets holding at rear the tailplane, low (sorry)...
The 262 HG.V is going to be asymmetric: a big port wing and a little starboard wing, with a single tailplane (port or else starboard) taken from the egg EGP-51D Mustang ( http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23962.msg361308.html#new )

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Tophe on June 28, 2009, 11:19:51 AM
Sorry JHM: I am going to kill the T-tail

And, somewhere, the Fae-Goddess of T-Tails weeps for the loss, Tophe.   :blink:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

The Me 262HG.V would be a little sad with just jet-less swept wings, almost normal. Fortunately, I have found (in the spare box) the external wings of my Grokhoskiy G-38, not used on my model (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,8002.0.html ). So this may be a Me 262 biplane, more funny.
I hesitate between:
A: delta bottom, swept above
B: delta above, swept bottom
Which one would you choose
(the canopy will be solid, painted black, the badly-cut half -wings will be repaired with putty)

Brian da Basher

You always manage to take your projects in a new and surprising direction, Tophe! My hat's off to your boundless imagination!

It's hard for me to pick a favorite between examples A & B, but here's some thoughts:

Example A is a more typical biplane layout as the lower wing has a shorter span than the upper wing, which lends itself for a final product as opposed to a prototype.

Example B looks like an excellent basis for a test-bed aircraft for in-flight experiments with delta wings of various shapes and sizes.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure I'll enjoy the final result!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

The HG in Me-262HG.IV was high speed, it seems confirmed below. Now HG.V will be Heavy Glider, not in nazi German anymore but in peaceful International English :mellow:

Tophe

The models as they are now (HG.V almost finished, Borovtof started):

Tophe

The Messerschmitt Me-262 HG.V Heavy Glider is finished (according to my standards, sorry):

Tophe

Tophe

... and the Borovkov-Tof is taking shape.  ;D Just remain: sanding the putty replacing guns, painting... <_<
(The fin is a wing tip from the spare box)
((The Poligamov I-156 will follow))

Tophe