The Pistonator GB

Started by Weaver, June 05, 2009, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

A good page on the Paxman 'Fell' diesel-mechanical loco:

http://www.paxmanhistory.org.uk/paxfell.htm

Jon

PR19_Kit

Heavens above, that brings back memories!

I saw that thing running on the WCML in the late 50s. It was certainly noisy (but not as noisy as a Rotodyne.............) and those connecting rods flying round looked most impressive. We'd actually gone to try and see the two LM main line diesels, 1000 and 1001 but we saw the Fell instead, much more impressive.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Something went through my little grey cells lastnight and then I put the drink down, I also had a idea.................... :drink:
A Wyvern with a radial engine and a contra prop  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

That'd look like a Super Firebrand. Nice one!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Daryl J.

One could always make something appear older than its actual time frame.   It's kinda hard to explain, but take the Wright Flyer, for instance, and put it in 1776, 1865, or the like using design cues from those eras.    Weight/power problems be d*m*ed...... :drink:   Cloth wings and fixed gear on the Hawker Hurricane with an 'old style', somewhat exposed engine for a retro look where retro does not necessarily mean earlier Hawker aircraft.   Etc. Etc. Etc.

:cheers:,
Daryl J.

PanzerWulff

How about a WWII V-22 Osprey put a pair of those Big honkin Lancaster Merlins on it,you would have to reroute the inboard exaust stacks to have it out of the way.other additions the chin turret off of a B-17G also the Bendix dorsal turret or the Martin one off a B-26 and have a B-25 type tail gun position ;D ;D ;D What ya think???
I'm MAD I tell you Mad,Mad,Mad!!!
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: PanzerWulff on June 12, 2009, 06:57:10 PM
How about a WWII V-22 Osprey put a pair of those Big honkin Lancaster Merlins on it,you would have to reroute the inboard exaust stacks to have it out of the way.other additions the chin turret off of a B-17G also the Bendix dorsal turret or the Martin one off a B-26 and have a B-25 type tail gun position ;D ;D ;D What ya think???
I'm MAD I tell you Mad,Mad,Mad!!!
"Panzer"

Brilliant! :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Brian da Basher

I did this to an Airfix Caravelle a while back:

The thread is Here.

I've got a few ideas for turning piston-engined airliners into jets too...
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Daryl J.

Had BdB hung those nacelles off the backs of the wings, we'd have renamed him to PdP.....Props d'Pusher!

Yeah...that Caravelle is awesome.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Taiidantomcat

I hope this goes through came up with a great idea last night  :wacko: