Some More Of My WHIFs

Started by tigercat2, June 05, 2009, 06:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

The R-11 in my collection was actually very poorly constructed (by me - one of my first resin kits)  There was a gigantic rip in the wing (caused by me) and the horizontal tail was mounted way too high.   I donated the kit to my friend at work, MCollazo, and since he is an absolute genius at kit restoration, he has fixed it up superbly, in the scheme that Howard Hughes flew it in for its fateful crash.

Wes W

tigercat2

Another shot of my restored Hughes XF-11.

Wes W.

B777LR

The R-11 is übercool! 8)

Too bad it crashed. Made a nice scene in the movie though...

tigercat2

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on June 09, 2009, 04:16:45 AM
Quote from: Nils on June 08, 2009, 11:57:31 PM
is that a Belgian FW190 i see there on the bottom  :wub:

Are there FW-190s in that picture?

Lovin' the Arados and R-11  :wub:

Here are a few more FW-190s, mostly What Ifs

Wes W.

TsrJoe

id love to see a clearer shot of your Finnish 190 (or indeed any other Finnish 'what-if's you may have hidden on your shelves) thats one very impressive collection you have there (all mine are languishing in boxes) be neat to see lots more snaps of them

many thanks for sharing, cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

tigercat2

Quote from: TsrJoe on June 10, 2009, 01:44:23 AM
id love to see a clearer shot of your Finnish 190 (or indeed any other Finnish 'what-if's you may have hidden on your shelves) thats one very impressive collection you have there (all mine are languishing in boxes) be neat to see lots more snaps of them

many thanks for sharing, cheers, Joe

Here is another shot of some of the FWs

Wes W

tigercat2

One more before I head off to work.

Wes W.

tigercat2

Here is the USAF Viggen.

Wes W.

sideshowbob9

Love the tawny Finnish and RAF Fw-190s!  :thumbsup:

What nationality is the green and ruddy brown one lurking at the top of the 1st Fw-190 pic?

tigercat2

Probably Italian, but that is the beauty of What Ifs; it could be anything.

Wes W.

Sauragnmon

It doesn't look Italian, it's got a weird circle with a cross through it, in red or something - back row, third from the end of the shelf.

I'd love to get a good clear full view of the Red Rogers one you did - that was some beautiful stuff there, whiffing the markings.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

tigercat2

Forgive me, but I still don't know which FW you are referring to.  Perhaps if you could specify the post that it is on, I could ID it and get you a better shot.

What is the "Red Rogers" that you refer to?  I will be glad to get a better shot.

tigercat2

Here are some more shots of the FWs

Wes W

Sauragnmon

The Brown FW in question is in pictures 1 and 2, the back row, third from the right in physical line along that shelf.

Red Rogers is in FightersF4Two we can see the tail, a Phantom with a Red Jolly Rogers tail - I'm impressed by the gusto to whif those markings, and would love to see more of such a beautiful concept.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

tigercat2

Here are a few more shots of the F-4 with the Jolly Rogers tail.  I presently have this particular kit in deep storage, and when I rotate the display in a few months I will get better shots.

Mrs. W. just had a major re-do of several of our rooms in the house, and my "model room" had a complete overhaul.  It looks great, many aircraft are very nicely displayed, but many are in storage as well. 

I was well aware that the real aircraft have black vertical tails, but I thought it would look good in red, so in my What If world, red it became.

Wes W.