Revealed: Top Secret Gloster "Meteor" Derivative!

Started by John Howling Mouse, June 06, 2009, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Very nice.....love the paintjob ! The beefy nosewheels do it for me as well....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 07, 2009, 03:36:13 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 07, 2009, 11:36:53 AM

Heh, heh, but you're looking right at the article, Jon!  Don't forget, the whole point of What If is that it is one's own, personal alternate universe complete with its own timeline and laws of physics (or lack thereof) as desired.

Why, I've heard that, in some of the universes out there, United Kingdom Aerospace Industries Corporation itself never even existed.  Or the GA-9 Mk I Avatar, either...  

It's crazy, but people from other dimensions claim it is so!

:thumbsup:
Ahh, so in your timeline Rupert Murdoch was born 50 years earlier than in OTL,
thus being in a position to purchase and alter the WSJ in the 1950s instead of
50 years later?   ;D

(p.s. I hope the simlilarly engined He 280 I'm hacking on comes out as well as your Meatbox.)

Actually, his name was "Bruce"   :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Brilliant.

Stunning.

Gobsmackingly great.

Blahblah blahblah blahblah....

I give up, anyone want to buy my stash? Here's my next project:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 07, 2009, 05:54:00 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 07, 2009, 03:36:13 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 07, 2009, 11:36:53 AM

Heh, heh, but you're looking right at the article, Jon!  Don't forget, the whole point of What If is that it is one's own, personal alternate universe complete with its own timeline and laws of physics (or lack thereof) as desired.

Why, I've heard that, in some of the universes out there, United Kingdom Aerospace Industries Corporation itself never even existed.  Or the GA-9 Mk I Avatar, either...  

It's crazy, but people from other dimensions claim it is so!

Ahh, so in your timeline Rupert Murdoch was born 50 years earlier than in OTL,
thus being in a position to purchase and alter the WSJ in the 1950s instead of
50 years later?   ;D

(p.s. I hope the simlilarly engined He 280 I'm hacking on comes out as well as your Meatbox.)

Actually, his name was "Bruce"   :cheers:

Roit, roit ... Bruce Murdoch, University of Woolamaloo, Class of 1912, Chief Latrine Officer of the Light Horse  ;)

NARSES2

Late to the party and it's all been said - stunning model and presentation. The build article is fantastic  :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Absolutely fantastic, Mr Howling Mouse! Your amazing Warthog has gone from "What-If" to "Should've-Been"! You carried off the camo scheme perfectly and your pseudo-period newspaper article is proof positive that you've got talent and skill far beyond those of mere mortals.
:bow: :bow:
I only wish you hadn't skimped on the under-wing pylons, though.
;)
Another stunning masterpiece!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

P.S. Mr Rat-San, I really like the look of your next project! Roooowwwrrrr!!!  :wub:

Vulcan7

just looking in to find....A Fantastic!  :o very cool looking  :ph34r:  :tornado: Top Secret Gloster Meteor JHM  :drink: :party: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (& a brilliant Newspaper too, of course  :thumbsup:)
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Ian the Kiwi Herder

In a league of your own, Barry...... Brilliant  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

BlackOps

Looks like I'm late to the party!  :o  Teach me to go out of town for a few days! DAAAAAAAANNNNNNG! This sure is a beauty Barry!  :wub: Seriously awe inspiring work.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Wow that is one spectacular build!!! :bow:

You might take a while to finish something but good things come to those who wait. Thanks for sharing with us.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sauragnmon

Well Frack me Sideways, Baz, that is a BEAUTIFUL piece.  Subtle, and yet so brilliantly different.  Sheer Smex in a Pan, Baz.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

John Howling Mouse

Thank you all for the kind encouragement.  Means the world to me.  Today, I'm working on the base.  Because the landing gear are stressed to the max under the weight, my plan is to show the aircraft either coming in for a landing or just taking to the air (your pick) against a speed-blurred ground scheme.  So, I will mount the model on a clear acrylic rod in the right pose just a couple of scale feet from the base.  Pics (hopefully) to follow...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

kitbasher

Quote from: The Rat on June 07, 2009, 06:03:58 PM
I give up, anyone want to buy my stash? Here's my next project:

She'd be my next project but the missus would probably get upset!!!!! ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: chrisonord on June 07, 2009, 09:08:48 AM
Now I must find myself a meteor, or six and some A-10's :banghead:
....Well the planned name for the Meteor was in fact 'Thunderbolt' - until Republic got in there sharpish with the P-47.  Honest.  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter