Revealed: Top Secret Gloster "Meteor" Derivative!

Started by John Howling Mouse, June 06, 2009, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

As I said in the email I sent you Barry --- Stunning !!! Absolutely stunning !!!   Originally words failed me when I first saw it   :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Very nice Baz.

One JNN (joyless newspaper numpty) nit to pick, the WSJ didn't use photos on the front
page in the 1950s. Also they used a six column layout.

Maybe reform it as a Flight article?

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1957/1957%20-%200695.html

Jon

chrisonord

WOW!!!! :o :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:I am going to have to get a squadron of these things, This is the best thing I have seen in too long.
Now I must find myself a meteor, or six and some A-10's :banghead:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

cthulhu77

brilliant, and well worth the time spent.   :cheers: Sir Baz !

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sequoiaranger

That is one sweet, er, MEAN looking aircraft. Nice concept and execution!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Kerrillc

THAT IS A SWEET AND MEAN LOOKING MACHINE, being on the wrong end of that could be ruinous to ones health!

:bow: :bow: and  :bow:

Truly that is a magnificent build and the newspaper presentation is inspired. I work in the newspaper industry and I liked it! Try this as a what-if. The Avatar caused such a stir the compositors had to rejig the front page to show the impact of this stunning aircraft.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Well done sir
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Eddie M.

You've managed to knock me back in my seat again! Brilliant!! :ph34r: :wub: :bow:
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 07, 2009, 08:57:02 AM
Very nice Baz.

One JNN (joyless newspaper numpty) nit to pick, the WSJ didn't use photos on the front
page in the 1950s. Also they used a six column layout.

Jon

Heh, heh, but you're looking right at the article, Jon!  Don't forget, the whole point of What If is that it is one's own, personal alternate universe complete with its own timeline and laws of physics (or lack thereof) as desired.

Why, I've heard that, in some of the universes out there, United Kingdom Aerospace Industries Corporation itself never even existed.  Or the GA-9 Mk I Avatar, either...  

It's crazy, but people from other dimensions claim it is so!

:thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

entlim

You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

Hobbes

:bow: A very impressive build, and a perfect presentation. I don't think I'd've been able to keep a project this exciting under wraps for 4 years.

tanktastic43

jcf

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 07, 2009, 11:36:53 AM

Heh, heh, but you're looking right at the article, Jon!  Don't forget, the whole point of What If is that it is one's own, personal alternate universe complete with its own timeline and laws of physics (or lack thereof) as desired.

Why, I've heard that, in some of the universes out there, United Kingdom Aerospace Industries Corporation itself never even existed.  Or the GA-9 Mk I Avatar, either...  

It's crazy, but people from other dimensions claim it is so!

:thumbsup:
Ahh, so in your timeline Rupert Murdoch was born 50 years earlier than in OTL,
thus being in a position to purchase and alter the WSJ in the 1950s instead of
50 years later?   ;D

(p.s. I hope the simlilarly engined He 280 I'm hacking on comes out as well as your Meatbox.)

McGreig

Can only repeat what everyone else has said - brilliant, stunning model and great presentation :thumbsup: :bow: :cheers: