F-22N - Navy swing wing Raptor

Started by Benjo, June 07, 2009, 11:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjo

LOL!!!!!!!
Sorry to kill the party guys, i toooooo,have been beaten to it. some guy has already done it in 1/144 scale but i'm hopeful it will still work out in 1/48
Same thing happened with me, i have an awesome idea, one day ill make tha..*SLAP*

furthermore, the concept art from the manufacturer already existed pre F-22 days.... it does look just like an F-22 with swing wings...

Looks sweet doesnt it?
I wish i could make a 2 seater but i really dont have the vac form skills, or really, the confidence to try it, yet.

Benny

***added html for the WHIF F-22N Sea Raptor built by ChristopherC (Chris Cooper) on ARC***
Being creative can be a gift - And a curse...

Sauragnmon

The Two-seat Swing-wing F-22 is the NATF concept, the original planned successor to the F-14.  The NATF bled into the ATF competition after the Navy dropped it, which led to the Raptor.  This is potentially why the Naval Raptor is at times a common thought - it was even conceptualized in games, that the Raptor would serve with the Navy, but as we can see now, they seem to prefer the F-35 over the Raptor.

Still, go for it man!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Shasper

The NATF came as a follow on to the ill-fated A-12 Avenger, but the budget climate after the end of the Cold War saw that program cut as well, which led to the Rhino replacing the Turkey. AFAIK the Navy never seriously considered the F-22 for fleet service, and I'm not too sure about how enthusiastic NAVAIR is about the 35.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Shasper on June 10, 2009, 11:49:12 AM
and I'm not too sure about how enthusiastic NAVAIR is about the 35.

Shas 8)

One engine can't give much confidence... Marines have done that a while with the Harrier of course but you know how crazy we can be  :wacko: last i heard they would prefer super bugs... but who knows right?  :drink:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

lancer

I HATE the (C)raptor with a passion but this version looks really sweet!!! What's wrong with me?? RHETORICAL QUESTION only....No answers needed!!!  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Benjo

I'm not really into the raptor myself but this concept HAD to be done, after all, its my excuse to make a raptor, otherwise i probably wouldnt make one at all.

Shasper

If I might offer a suggestion? considered making the wing glove area bigger than depicted in the drawing.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Benjo

yeah i think im going to have to.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

anthonyp

Quote from: lancer on June 12, 2009, 07:58:08 AM
I HATE the (C)raptor with a passion but this version looks really sweet!!! What's wrong with me?? RHETORICAL QUESTION only....No answers needed!!!  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Well, first, you were born, then discovered whiffing, which lead to...   ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Mossie

Missed this one!  Looking good Benjo, hope you haven't dropped this one! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.