Coventry Show, 28/06/09

Started by Howard of Effingham, June 09, 2009, 01:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: nev on June 10, 2009, 08:38:36 AM
Just the 4 of us then so far!  I'll try and get there early Trev to help you with the setting up.

Martin, have you got the Freightdog stuff for distribution?

Not yet Nev, I shall have a word with Brother Colin as to how he wishes to proceed.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, lets see.....

there was me, radish, nev, hobbes, lenny100, mike mc evoy and richard there from the SIG and
what a good day it turned out to be. the tables were FULL of interesting things, lenny's two large
ships under construction attracted lots of attention and a big thankyou to nev for taking the
photos.

everyone else enjoy themselves?  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

nev

OK, here are some pics of the display.  I'll give you no prizes for guessing who did Eric the Albino Alien....  :dalek:

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

The 2 ships are Lenny100s.  Every time he left the stand, myself and Mike McEvoy were inundated with questions about them, and were left giving vague answers about "original plans" to unsatisfied inquirers  :tornado:

nev

nev

Lenny won a prize in the raffle - "its got a very big box!"

Terry said his Lacoutere had the Japanese SIG in fits a while back, not realising it was a whiff :D

nev

The Mig25 was by Deanflyer of Britmodeller - he of the exploded view Lightning and B&W Hurricane.  I asked him if he was related to Terry....

And here I am celebrating my 3rd place in 1/48 Aircraft with Mish (Big-Bird), who won a 2nd in figures for her 120mm "Tank Hunter"

More pics of the show can be found on Britmodeller

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32974

Martin H

See you lot can manage a show with out the Experts lol.
Unfortunately,

Radish

It was a smashing day. Bought an icecream (my only purchase).
I managed to get together the Airfix Boeing Clipper flying boat, which'll be a Luftwaffe "experimental" jobby that Biggles escapes in (Biggles in the Baltic). Yesterday at Mid's school, I did a 12-hour (8am-8pm) sponsored model, dove-tailed with their afterschool art exhibition and managed to get together the VEB 1/72nd Beriev-6, the Airfix 1/72nd Do-17 and the PM 1/72nd C-45. I also cut out/prepared an Airfix 1/72nd B-26 Marauder, which'll be an RAF transport for Air Commodore Raymond (Biggles Delivers the Goods). Oh, and I finished a HobbyBoss 1/72nd Hurricane that Bertie flies in a rather unusual desert scheme.
It looks like we've raised around £125 for charity, focusing on MS.
I'm knackered, but'll be "on strike" today....marching, whistling, flag/banner waving...protesting against massive teacher job losses.
Fantastic to see so many, and Hobbes joined us on the Stafford stand to do some modelling as the What If? stand was so crowded!!!
A big thanks to Nev who recorded it all on film. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Glad you all had a good time - sorry I couldn't be there. It's just a little to far for a one dayer by public transport. It's the leg from Coventry to the Museum that is the proverbial straw.

Great photo's Nev and some really nice stuff in there I ahvn't seen.

Quote from Nev "The 2 ships are Lenny100s.  Every time he left the stand, myself and Mike McEvoy were inundated with questions about them, and were left giving vague answers about "original plans" to unsatisfied inquirers " - Which is an issue we need to address particularly for the Nationals.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lenny100

so
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 30, 2009, 04:12:35 AM
Glad you all had a good time - sorry I couldn't be there. It's just a little to far for a one dayer by public transport. It's the leg from Coventry to the Museum that is the proverbial straw.

Great photo's Nev and some really nice stuff in there I ahvn't seen.

Quote from Nev "The 2 ships are Lenny100s.  Every time he left the stand, myself and Mike McEvoy were inundated with questions about them, and were left giving vague answers about "original plans" to unsatisfied inquirers " - Which is an issue we need to address particularly for the Nationals.

sorry about that but when i was there nobody ever asked me about them,
I think that a card for each kit with the name on it etc, like the display at the nationals will be a good idea for us to all have to stop things like this happening
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

nev

It wouldn't be so bad if it had been a plane or tank, but me and mike just got the glazed eyes when you started talking floaty things with us ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: lenny100 on June 30, 2009, 05:50:37 AM

I think that a card for each kit with the name on it etc, like the display at the nationals will be a good idea for us to all have to stop things like this happening

Exactly right Lenny. Especially with something as important as these builds of yours.

Switch to rant mode "They are important because in my view they show a part of our Great Industrial History in one of the most important industries for an Island nation. I could have said "heritage" but successive governments have destroyed our industrial base simply by neglecting it - and that's from a "southern softy" - rant mode safe.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 01, 2009, 01:50:00 AM
Quote from: lenny100 on June 30, 2009, 05:50:37 AM

Exactly right Lenny. Especially with something as important as these builds of yours.

Switch to rant mode "They are important because in my view they show a part of our Great Industrial History in one of the most important industries for an Island nation. I could have said "heritage" but successive governments have destroyed our industrial base simply by neglecting it - and that's from a "southern softy" - rant mode safe.

Off topic.....Well said chris

back on topic........ makes a nice change to see a a ship or two on the stand.
Unfortunately,