F-104 Starfighter

Started by dy031101, June 13, 2009, 04:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan Hartke

That's beautiful, ElectrikBlue.  Very, very nice.

Cheers,

Logan

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Caveman

Here is my first posted wiff! Just threw it together in a couple of minutes based on an idea. I thought that it looked all right so here it is.

The f (21)04
secretprojects forum migrant

Weaver

Hi Caveman. Nice one - it's a perfectly solid and interesting idea. In fact, MiG actually did a study of a MiG-21 fuselage fitted with a Starfighterish wings and tail in real life!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Can anyone point me in the direction of photos or descriptions of Luftwaffe (not Marineflieger) Starfighters with air to ground loadouts.  I've found these on Airliners.net (can't identify all the weapons) but otherwise I can't find anything apart from recce pods.  Also, did they carry anything with them such as ECM or flare/chaff dispensers?  Whose GP bombs did they use?

This Starfighter has BL755 cluster bombs under the left wing, something else on the right which may be Rockeye?  I know the Luftwaffe used BL755

This one carries a seven shot rocket pod & a practice bomb dispenser.  Can anyone identify them?

Thanks for looking guys!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

F-104 fuselage + F-8 wings, tail fin, tail planes and aft fuselage + F-4 downscaled intakes
Will die without understanding this world.

rallymodeller

Quote from: Mossie on June 23, 2010, 04:18:02 PM

This one carries a seven shot rocket pod & a practice bomb dispenser.  Can anyone identify them?

Thanks for looking guys!

Those would be CRV-7 rockets in an M260 7-shot pod. They pretty much became the de-facto standard NATO unguided rocket, and are much more powerful and accurate than the US Mighty Mouse or Hydra-70.

The practice dispenser is an MN-1A (in Canadian service) or SUU-20.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Mossie on June 23, 2010, 04:18:02 PM<...>
This Starfighter has BL755 cluster bombs under the left wing, something else on the right which may be Rockeye?  I know the Luftwaffe used BL755

<...>

Think those may be Matra SAMP 25 250kg retarded GP bombs.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Thaks Mortitz, not one I know anything about.

KJ_Lesnick

Can anybody do a drawing of an F-104 without a horizontal stabilizer and a rhomboid wing like the AQM-60 Kingfisher?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

tomo pauk

ChernayaAkula

^ Neat!  :thumbsup: Would look wild with a rhomboid V- or even an X-tail!  :wacko:

Mossie, check out THIS LINK. Albeit in German, there's a heap of info on German Zipper load-outs. Also seems to validate the Matra SAMP 25 bit.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?