F-104 Starfighter

Started by dy031101, June 13, 2009, 04:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJ_Lesnick

PR-19 Kit

You're right... however the wing doesn't cover enough of the length of the plane to be tailless...
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on June 04, 2011, 09:32:14 PM
PR-19 Kit

You're right... however the wing doesn't cover enough of the length of the plane to be tailless...

Yes, I know that, and HE knows that but are we concerned with the niceties of aerodynamics here? No, this is WhiffWorld where the laws of aerodynamics may not be in force......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

The problem could be solved with thrust deflection.  Perhaps four paddles around the exhaust?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

sideshowbob9

.....or thrusters, NF-104 style.

Edit: I had an idea for a subtle F-104 whiff with a blunt nose and an aerospike to test out the theory for Lockheed's UGM-96 Trident I SLBM, see here: http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-96.html

Did Lockheed have house colours circa 1974?

tomo pauk

rickshaw

Quote from: tomo pauk on June 05, 2011, 06:39:52 AM
2D nozzle from F-22?

Nah, 4D paddles.  If you're going to go doolally why stint?   :mellow:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

tomo pauk

KJ_Lesnick

I'm thinking use a horizontal stabilizer similar to the AQM-60 Kingfisher, and use either a delta or rhomboid style vertical stabilizer
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

GTX

Dedicated Recon version:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

rallymodeller

Would the camera nose be considered an upgrade to the RF-104G?
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

GTX

Quote from: rallymodeller on July 23, 2011, 03:25:30 PM
Would the camera nose be considered an upgrade to the RF-104G?

Not quite sure what you mean.

rallymodeller

I mean like giving the RF-104G a LOROP camera. Alternately, your fit allows the RF-104 to retain its gun (which is always good).
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

dy031101

It's like ROCAF's LOROP nose for their RF-104G because it's not as restricted as the former gun bay.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

GTX

GTX

Quote from: rallymodeller on July 23, 2011, 03:42:48 PM
I mean like giving the RF-104G a LOROP camera. Alternately, your fit allows the RF-104 to retain its gun (which is always good).

I think of mine as a alternate to the podded cameras from a RF-104G.  The platform thus might be somewhat better in the recon role, but at the same time, less useful in the multi-role function...unless of course the nose was interchange-able.

Regards,

Greg