NEWSFLASH - SAN PUDIN AVIATION STEALTH PROJECT LEAKED

Started by puddingwrestler, June 13, 2009, 06:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Rumours that SPA have been developing a stealth fighter have been coming out of San Torta for some time leading industry experts to speculate on what a stealth seaplane would look like. Some have chosen to ignore SPA's fine track record with amphibians and assume it will be VTOL and launched from barges, carriers or compact shore bases. Others have chosen to regaurd the whole thing as luncay stating that San Torta could never afford a stealth fighter porject anyway.
However, early computer models of the plane, known as Project Sneaky Sloth have been leaked, settling much of the speculation. PSS is a sea plane. It looks rather like the MBB Lampiridae stealth porject of the 1980s, and it looks considerably more aerodynamic than the F-117. Here are the images:

Note particularly the high mounted jet intake and planing hull. Unless SPA have some other secret porjects stashed away, this would appear to be the first ever attempt at a stealth planing hull.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Captain Canada

Looks like some kind of funky, futuristic F-106 !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Howard of Effingham

dunno why but it reminds me of the convair F-7 sea dart  :rolleyes:

good luck.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Doc Yo

Neat-O! Is the flat space behind the forward hull getting hydroskis? And is the nose really asymetrical?

More to the point, is San Torta moving toward a more...assertive foreign policy? I'm asking purely as a
model builder, not a secret operative of an un-named central Atlantic nation...

sotoolslinger

If your gonna build that let me know cause I might :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

DaFROG

Quote from: Doc Yo on June 24, 2009, 12:48:15 PM
Neat-O! Is the flat space behind the forward hull getting hydroskis? And is the nose really asymetrical?

More to the point, is San Torta moving toward a more...assertive foreign policy? I'm asking purely as a
model builder, not a secret operative of an un-named central Atlantic nation...

Don't think the nose in assymetrical it's just the shading making the polygon to the left of the canopy really dark.
It appears the San Tortans are using the mighty power of the SNES with 3D add on cart for their computer models :cheers:

P.S. Does anyone remember when the original play station was almost not exported because it was claimed it's electronics could be used for ballistic missile guidance?
Perhaps we should have a GB about what if a given gaming console was turned to some warlike puspose.
What's that the threads getting completely OT?
well what IS the price of tea in china? I need to know for my latest backstory........

puddingwrestler

The nose is symmetrical; it looks assymetrical due to my using flat grey textures under a default lighting setup in LightWave 3D - the shading on one nose polygon is so dark it looks black.

And no, no hydroskis. SPA distrusts them.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

chrisonord

I know where I have seen that before,
in the 1980's its from that arcade game asteroids isn't it?? :lol:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Doc Yo

Quote from: puddingwrestler on June 25, 2009, 04:09:48 PM
The nose is symmetrical; it looks assymetrical due to my using flat grey textures under a default lighting setup in LightWave 3D - the shading on one nose polygon is so dark it looks black.

And no, no hydroskis. SPA distrusts them.

Aye, after reading Da Frog's post, and looking at the drawings again, I realized I'd been in error.