S.H.A.D.O. Interceptors 2009

Started by chrisonord, June 15, 2009, 06:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Chris, I just can't believe how cool this is turning out!!!  :wub: Love the shape, love the paint, just excellent!  :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

lancer

Are you going to be doing an updated alien UFO at all Chris? I can't see them having remianed static with thier technology while S.H.A.D.O technology increases.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

chrisonord

Quote from: lancer on June 23, 2009, 02:30:45 PM
Are you going to be doing an updated alien UFO at all Chris? I can't see them having remianed static with thier technology while S.H.A.D.O technology increases.
I was thinking the exact same thing Lancer, when I get round to having a proper think I will make a new and lethally improved UFO.
Also tonights work on the RF-309 saw the fitment of the upgraded phoenixes, and some battle damage to the paintwork  :rolleyes:
I had a few problems with some additional colouration, and some of the paint spat its dummy out, making the task of scraping the paint off and wet sanding it down. I will do some more pictures when I have finished the smoke and fire damage to the paint.
I will probably not like it and end up painting it again, but hey, thats modelling :unsure:
Cheers,
Chris. :unsure:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

chrisonord

Whilst on a routine training mission, Major Peter "JIG" Saw and his 2 crew, (Captain Paul "Saint" Saviour, and Lieutenant James "BAT Finks,) got a red alert call from the orbiting early warning station, the bogey was identified as a UFO, and its trajectory calculated as the Northern hemisphere as its target. The UFO was estimated to have come out of its F.T.L trajectory just outside of Mars' orbital pull, and is now slowing down to 98,000 KMS.
The nearest available aircraft to intercept the UFO was the one belonging to Major "Jig" Saw and his crew, as by the time the Moon based interceptors had launched come round the Moon and to the correct side of Earth, the UFO would have been dangerously close to itsd predicted target.
"Jig" read the coordinates and vectored his craft to intercept the UFO at 97,000 Feet altitude, He opened up the Scram Jets and readied the rocket motor for transatmospheric flight if need be. The craft was now doing in excess of Mach 6, so as to intercept the UFO, then the radar warning blurted out the UFO position and gave a positive target recognition, Jig, pushed the throttles to the firewall, exceeding Mach 7.5 in no time, one of the internal "Valhalla missiles were selected, and locked onto the now very visible UFO coming through the atmosphere.
The satisfying growl of missile lock grew louder and louder, even though he was in range of the UFO Jig wanted to get nearer just to be sure of a clean kill. The missiles use Kinetic energy to destroy their targets and if there is any fuel remaining that also will add to the pain.
Jig confirmed lock and spoke the magic words "FOX ONE......AWAY!! the weapons bay doors sprang open, catapulting a missile out and shutting behind it in the blink of an eye, the missiles scram jet/rocket hybrid motor screaming away towards the target.
In a split second the UFO changed direction, as though it was on a suicide mission it headed towards Jigs aircraft, accelerating more and more. There was less than a Kilometre between the UFO and the aircraft when the missile impacted the UFO. The explosion was far from run of the mill either as this thing must have been loaded with very high incendary type explosive, as the fire ball was as big as 3 city blocks. Jig had not a single chance to manoeuvre out of the way of the explosion from the UFO. The aircraft was engulfed in ultra high intensity heat and flames and molten shrapnel peppered the fuselage and destroyed one of the jet engines.
This was not good,these jet engines were needed to land the aircraft, both of them!!.

Here is my battle damaged RF-309, it will of coursed get repaired and a new paint job, tht is if it can land safely??

Cheers,
Chris.       

Mossie

Dirty girl!!! :wacko:  Love the blackened nose! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Mossie on June 26, 2009, 02:07:16 PM
Dirty girl!!! :wacko:  Lovethe the blackened nose! :wub:

Yes, yes, yes!  Don't change a thing!  Like it came in at the wrong AoA during re-entry or something!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

chrisonord

Deal done then, I will leave her how she is, as I have not seen a lot of battle scarred stuff on any of the model sites.
Tomorrow I will be unveiling my third interceptor.
This thing is only capable of flying in the earths atmosphere, but it will still pack a deadly punch in any combat situation it finds itself in.
I have built enough of it to get the idea as to what it will look like when finished :wacko:
It is just pure concentrated titanium clad evil  :wacko:
That is all I am going to say about it for now ;D
Chris.

Mossie

Yeah, It reminds me of pics & a fantastic model I saw a little while back of a Mossie that apparently got a bit too close to it's quarry & was engulffed in burning fuel.  Aircraft was largely fine, except that the paint had been stripped back to the wood & it was a little scorched!

Scroll down about half way on this link:
http://www.geoffcoughlin.com/page8.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Here is what I have done so far on one of my F-400's (Drakens). The pics are not too good because I had to do them indoors as it was hammering down with rain outside, but I think you should be able to get the idea.

Cheers,
Chris.

Mossie

Nice!  A Gerry Anderson staple.  Did you make the new outer wings yourself from plastic card?

Sauragnmon

Seriously, wicked whiffage on the Draken.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

chrisonord

Cheers for the comments people.
The wings are made from plastic card, and they are a self design drawn onto some card first then cut out.
Cheers,
Chris

chrisonord

Here is what I have done so far with the F-400, I spent ages doing the paint and masking for this thing, only for the Tamiya tape to ruin it :banghead: :banghead:
The tape either left its backing glue behind or took chunks of paint off with it. The tape has only been on over night so it is not as though I had left it on too long.
It was raining again outside so I used my umbrella to try and keep things dry, but the pics are a bit too dark, so when the plane is done I will wait for a half decent day to do the pictures.
Cheers,
Chris.

JayBee

Chris,
that F-400 is a seriously GOOOOOOD looking bird, and I am taking about both the modelling work and the thought processes.
Well done. :bow: :cheers: :blink: :wub:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Logan Hartke

So wait, the gray portions on the top are UNintentional?  I thought that was entirely on purpose and considered it to be the most inspired paint job I've seen on a model in a long time.  Go with it.

Cheers,

Logan