S.H.A.D.O. Interceptors 2009

Started by chrisonord, June 15, 2009, 06:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

The blue bit on the F-400 is the bit that has caused me the grief on this one as the tape has made a mess of it big time. I will try and clean the glue off and when I get some more of the blue paint try and brush in the "bald" bits  :banghead:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

The model looks great!  Shame about the paint problems.  What paint do you use?  I've had similar problems recentely on two models, I brush painted Humbrol Acrylics.

I'm guessing that you've got noticeable steps were the paint has come off?  My advise would be to strip it off with Fairy Power Spray & start again, unless the patches are relativey small.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Cheers Mossie, I use Tamiya acrylics in my airbrush, as they seem the best to use for me.
I have tried to patch it up a bit by hand,and it doesn't look too bad. I will see what it looks like with a coat of clear on it then see whats what.
Cheers,
Chris.

Rafael

Those are wonderful, Chris!!!
I like the camo and burned paint on the hypersonic plane, and the other interceptor is just awesome. The draken FSW is a real dream, reminds me of some ancient ATF FSW concepts

Rafa
PD: Now you need a UFO to complement them :ph34r:
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

chrisonord

Quote from: Rafael on June 30, 2009, 02:12:24 PM
Those are wonderful, Chris!!!
I like the camo and burned paint on the hypersonic plane, and the other interceptor is just awesome. The draken FSW is a real dream, reminds me of some ancient ATF FSW concepts

Rafa
PD: Now you need a UFO to complement them :ph34r:

I am looking into what to use for the base of the Ufo, and as to what shape to make it.
Cheers,
Chris.

chrisonord

Well.... I was going to put the finished pictures of my F-400 Stiletto, but Photobucket has gone fubar :banghead:
I can't load any of my pictures up now, I also have some KA-58 pics for Mossie, but they are stuck also.
I can't seem to be able to downsize my pictures enough to fit them on here the old fashioned way either  :banghead:
Chris.