Sud Aviation (SNCASO) Vautour

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, October 19, 2006, 03:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Yup, see my post above your's Greg  :thumbsup:

I now have 2 Vautours as The Wooksta spotted a resin one for me at Telford, so I may well start my RAF one this year.  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 15, 2011, 05:23:54 AM
... or even Armee de l'Aire Javelins?  ;D

Yep - works both ways!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 15, 2011, 07:42:59 AM
Yup, see my post above your's Greg  :thumbsup:

I now have 2 Vautours as The Wooksta spotted a resin one for me at Telford, so I may well start my RAF one this year.  ;D

chrisonord

I would like a couple of 1/72nd scale Vautours too, the more I look at them the more I could use a couple for my Honduras AF builds.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

MAD

Quote from: GTX on January 14, 2011, 06:27:28 PM
This photo from latest (Feb 2011) edition of Aeroplane just screams whiff to me - RAF Vautours anyone?

Regards,

Greg

Hey nice pic thanks Greg
Nice comparison of two different approaches to the same role!!

M.A.D

Stargazer

That's not a whif! It's an RAF Javelin flying next to a French Armée de l'air Vautour. Period! Don't forget this is "black and white" (greyscale) and that therefore it can be hard to tell a French roundel from an English one... If you look at this (and other) pictures like this, you'll find that the two greys corresponding to blue and white are of slightly different shades... Look closely and you'll see that the shade of the center of the roundel on one aircraft is the shade of the outside ring on the other... and surprisingly it's always the red that looks darker than the blue.

pyro-manic

Yes. ;D I don't think GTX was implying they weren't real, but that the comparison is an interesting one and that switching the two would be quite plausible, as they are different designs that fulfilled the same function.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

norseman

Easy engine upgrade for more power if the spey had been adopted, RR were looking for a customer for their 17,000lb dry Spey (18,000lb by 1970) which was dropped after no customers were found. A TF41 variant was test flown in a Corsair for a while when it was marketed as an engine for the A7,Tomcat and F111. (the last 2 the 27,000lb reheat version)

NARSES2

Always had a soft spot for the Vautour and I do like the bottom one  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Low/mid Wing, low tail plane, conventional undercarriage Vautour.

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

I like that. I've always had a liking for the Vautour. Been trying to workout a backstory where the UK and France co-operate post WWII and the UK gets some Vautours and the French Canberra's. Then I can do my Azure kit in RAF markings.

PR19_Kit

The French DID have some Canberras IIRC.

But maybe only ones for trials.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit