Sud Aviation (SNCASO) Vautour

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, October 19, 2006, 03:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 23, 2023, 04:42:00 AMThe French DID have some Canberras IIRC.

But maybe only ones for trials.

Four B.6s and two B(I)6s ordered in 1954 and used for trials work. The first three aircraft were diverted from RAF orders: F763 (ex-WJ763), F779 (ex-RAF WJ779) and F784 (ex-RAF WJ784). The remainder were new-build airframes: F304, F316 and F318.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

The low-winged one looks like an Me 262 derivative.

I like the three-engined ones as well. Of course, another very 1950s thing you could do with the Vautour is put a rocket motor in the tail cone for extra climb rate and altitude performance.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

thundereagle1997

Has anyone tried to do artwork the SO.4060 Super Vautour?
We all want to see the heavy fighter & night fighter models in action hunting TU-95s & TU-22Ms.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Beermonster58

Quote from: ysi_maniac on April 24, 2023, 07:25:00 PMSupersonic Vautour.

Parallel to SO.4060 https://aviationsmilitaires.net/v3/kb/aircraft/show/2309/sud-ouest-so4060

Handsome aeroplane.! :thumbsup: . I'm thinking a kit bash between a Mirage IV and, Mirage III or V (two seater) with new wings/tail might work here! Be a lot bigger than the original design but, what the hell!! ;)  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!