Us marine/CIA task force

Started by chrisonord, June 18, 2009, 07:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

All these vehicles are part of my US Marine/CIA anti cartel task force deployed to Honduras. The vehicles are all 1/72nd scale and some have been modified into different versions. The Strykers belong to the CIA, as they are in charge of coordinating  the operation. The other vehicles that are there are part of the support unit for the Navy and Marine aircraft involved in the operation.

Most of the stuff here has not seen daylight fornearly2 years as it has been stuck on a shelf in my shed, hence some of the vehicles are missing a few bits.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

JayBee

Ye Gods Chris, are you planning for them to take over the entire country?

They look good.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Nice little army you've got there!  By the way, do you get royalties from Chorley council???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

They look real good, Chris, nicely done collection on the theme.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

chrisonord

Quote from: Mossie on June 18, 2009, 08:37:24 AM
Nice little army you've got there!  By the way, do you get royalties from Chorley council???
I wish I did!! It would be the only thing good from them put it that way :rolleyes:
I still have an M1, an M3, a stryker, 4 Humvees of different types an 8x8 Hemit 8x8 oshkosh and a 6x6 truck waiting to be built for the task force also.
Just wait until I photograph all my cartel armour again  :wacko:
The honduran's are pretty thin on the ground with vehicles spare so the Marines had to make up the numbers here....and I am sticking to that excuse ;D
Chris.

Taiidantomcat

Nice collection of tanks and AFVs  :thumbsup: Great work!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Geoff

Nice idea - What make of model is the M-113 with the turret and extra armour? They look like Danish army ones?

chrisonord

Quote from: Geoff on June 18, 2009, 02:21:13 PM
Nice idea - What make of model is the M-113 with the turret and extra armour? They look like Danish army ones?
Hya Geof,
The kits are the trumpeter ones, with some evergreen angled strip made into the appliqué armour, and the turrets are optional ones that come with the Dragon AAVP's.The gun barrels are home  made.
Cheers,
Chris.

ChernayaAkula

That's quite the Task Force! :o Nice work! I particularly like the LAV in the "oddball" paint scheme.  :thumbsup:

Who makes the air defence LAV and the towed guns?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Geoff

Quote from: chrisonord on June 18, 2009, 03:04:10 PM
Quote from: Geoff on June 18, 2009, 02:21:13 PM
Hya Geof,
The kits are the trumpeter ones, with some evergreen angled strip made into the appliqué armour, and the turrets are optional ones that come with the Dragon AAVP's.The gun barrels are home  made.
Cheers,
Chris.

Thanks,  GeoffP

chrisonord

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 18, 2009, 03:24:02 PM
That's quite the Task Force! :o Nice work! I particularly like the LAV in the "oddball" paint scheme.  :thumbsup:

Who makes the air defence LAV and the towed guns?
The air defence LAV is a resin kit from Jader in Poland, I have an oshkosh of theirs a BMP1 and a us 6x6 truck.The instructions are not for the faint hearted though :rolleyes:
The towed guns are a bit of a cheat really, as they are JB models 1/76 scale ones, but they do don't you think.
The air defence bit of the Hummer avenger is scratch built.

noxioux

Cripes!  That's a lot of hardware!

However, I think you should have a couple of 13-passenger white Ford vans in there somewhere.  I did a little bit of a "local" drug interdiction op later in '92 with 3/7, and that's what we used. . .

This is going to be pretty breathtaking, I can tell. . .

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: chrisonord on June 18, 2009, 03:58:55 PM
The air defence LAV is a resin kit from Jader in Poland,<...>

Ah, I see. With some luck, Trumpeter will scale-down all their 1/35 LAVs to 1/72.

The Hummer Avenger turned out great! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 19, 2009, 04:12:41 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on June 18, 2009, 03:58:55 PM
The air defence LAV is a resin kit from Jader in Poland,<...>

Ah, I see. With some luck, Trumpeter will scale-down all their 1/35 LAVs to 1/72.

The Hummer Avenger turned out great! :thumbsup:
Yes I got sick of waiting for Dragon to release their version so I made my own, I have another waiting to be finished also.
I am also waiting for Academy to bring their Oshkosh 8x8 out as I want to do a patriot missile launching version.
Cheers,
Chris.

Eddie M.

Very nice collection you've got going there. I'm curious about the P-16. Was that one of the mods you made was to add that tank to the rear? When I was a P-16 driver, that's where the other two crash crewmen rode.
Look behind you!