WHIFs found at model contests

Started by philp, October 28, 2007, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

I think the baby Panzer has a Sdkfz 234/2 Puma turret mated with a Lynx body.

Regards,

Mav

Sauragnmon

Jagdtiger Race Tank - What happens when NASCAR fans build tank models.  lol

Definately some interesting monsters there in those Lafayette models.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

NARSES2

Quote from: Maverick on May 03, 2009, 03:19:00 AM
I think the baby Panzer has a Sdkfz 234/2 Puma turret mated with a Lynx body.

Regards,

Mav

It could be Mav, with the muzzle brake removed from the gun. Looking at the commander figure though there may have been some "scaloramering" going on as well ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

comrade harps

Here's some whifs seen at Melbourne's Mocdel Expo 2009:

A naval Ta-152 photo recce

USMC A-10N with everything

And the XR-38U, a pilotless photo recce bird

There was also an Aussie F-16 next to a raspberry ripple TSR-2 and the swing wing F-22N seen here previously. The A-10N was there last year too!
Whatever.

Jeffry Fontaine

That Marine A-10 looks outstanding all folded up like that with the Gannet style wing fold.  The flip up tail empennage was an excellent idea.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

AeroplaneDriver

Love that USMC A-10!  Though I think a modern US naval aircraft without a M-B seat is blasphemous!  That thing needs a NACES seat!!  ;D ;D ;D
And doesn't the Harpoon need a radar-equipped launch platform?  (Not meaning to go all JMN, just asking!).   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 08, 2009, 07:35:00 PM
And doesn't the Harpoon need a radar-equipped launch platform?  (Not meaning to go all JMN, just asking!).   :thumbsup:

It has a datalink with a radarequipped fighter ;D

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

philp

Hey, what do you know, I found a thread to post this in.

Couple pics found on Starship Modeler of the IPMS Vancouver show.

Love the Pogo's and the Swedish Albartross.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

seadude

Snapped a pic of this at a model contest a few days ago. :)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

philp

The Rochester, MN show is called the Hope it Doesn't Snow Show.  Here are a few I found for this years event.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

The Rat

Quote from: philp on March 16, 2009, 05:16:59 PM
How many collectors are cringing at this?

I'm not cringing at all, but I have turned slightly green with envy!  :bow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

At least one WHIF was on the table at the Historia Model Show held at Sion, Switzerland:

(image source: Pierre-Andre Boillat/Modeling Madness
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

puddingwrestler

Indeed it is, and for my money not the most insane of the Firebird concept car series. I think the Mk.II with the huge silly pods hanging off the back is crazier. Maybe not as arresting, but the silly is in the details.

And the red thing in the background up there is the GM touring road show bus; they had a convoy of those which toured the motorshows all over the US starting in the 30s. I'm not sure if anyone has ever built a model of it; but I'd like to see one.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.