WHIFs found at model contests

Started by philp, October 28, 2007, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

beowulf

at MAFVA at Duxford

and one for Radish  ;D

fraid i have no info whatever
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

raafif

that guy in the background better watch out -- Meercats have sharp teeth and feeding them by hand is not recommended  ;D
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Jacques Deguerre

Holy cow! Those two photos totally made my day. The meercat in uniform is very "Radish-esque" and then there's TV-8... a freakin' nuclear-powered tank! Quite possibly one of the dumber/crazier but cooler concepts floated for Cold War era land warfare.

EDIT: To be fair, the TV-8 concept also included more conventional diesel-electric and gas turbine-electric drive system alternatives. The nuclear-powered version was simply the most exotic and crazy proposal.
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

NARSES2

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on June 21, 2011, 07:43:29 PM
Holy cow! Those two photos totally made my day. The meercat in uniform is very "Radish-esque"

Indeed. He's seen it and is thinking of a suitable response  :rolleyes: Somehow Meerkats look "British" to me rather then "German" ? Don't look Russian at all....National perceptions or something far deeper down within the soul ??  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Strictly accurately, shouldn't a meerkat be South African?  A strike meercat  waving out of a Buccaneer with Springbok  markings would be quite entertaining.  Definitely a bad day for the snakes and jackals.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on June 22, 2011, 02:56:20 AM
Strictly accurately, shouldn't a meerkat be South African?  A strike meercat  waving out of a Buccaneer with Springbok  markings would be quite entertaining.  Definitely a bad day for the snakes and jackals.

Yup...could do one as Jan Smuts ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 05, 2011, 03:08:34 PM
special emphasis on the Do-28 contest.

Too right, those Do-28s are awesome :wub:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

IanH

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 22, 2011, 03:00:13 AM
Quote from: Rheged on June 22, 2011, 02:56:20 AM

Yup...could do one as Jan Smuts ?
We found one of those in Brit KD at Beltring last year...

Daryl J.

Remember the Pond Skimmer? 
From the same builder, photo by Keith Walker, and displayed at the Evergreen Aviation Museum under the port horizontal stabilizer of the Spruce Goose on 17 September.

Keith, if you wish me to unlink the photo, please let me know and I'll delete the post.
Enjoy!,
Daryl J.

Pablo1965

gorgeous Corsair. :thumbsup: I remenber another one... similar....Hummmm, I forget it.

PR19_Kit

I do like the concept of having an entire model show under just HALF of the tailplane of the Spruce Goose!  ;D

We used to do the Yeovilton Show and our stand was always right next to the Albacore. It's slightly bizarre leaning back on the ONLY lower port mainplane of that type in the whole darn world....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Not quite the same, but I did bang my head on the Wyvern last time I was there... :banghead:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on October 03, 2011, 06:39:33 PM
Not quite the same, but I did bang my head on the Wyvern last time I was there... :banghead:

Ouch! That's a LOT of aeroplane to lose out to.

It never ceases to amaze me just how BIG a Wyvern is, and that Eagle engine is positively mind blowing.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Yeah, next time I'll pick a fight with one of the little stringbags. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<