Nice one, nevertheless!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Good job that man's daughter.
I occasionally get Mrs z to choose colours for me.  She chose the shades of blue & aqua in the PDRV camo and has also been responsible for some of my louder car interiors (for exteriors she mostly favours black and flames).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McGreig

Despite being a two day event, Southern Expo is a relatively small show and it never seems to have that much in the way of What If. This is a selection of the few that caught my eye at Southern Expo 2014.

The first model is actually something that I'd forgotten about from the show two years ago – an RAF Snark from the S&M Models stand (they were selling the limited edition Revell reissue). Despite the Snark's lack of success (with a failure rate giving rise to jokes about the Snark-infested waters off Cape Canaveral) it certainly looks the part and it suits these RAF colours. Also, despite being to the now largely forgotten 1/81 scale,  it looks OK in a 1/72 collection, especially if you're going to whiff it.

Next, a Ju-88 Führungsmaschine. I'm pretty sure that this is 1/32, not 1/48 but I don't know if it is a based on a conversion kit or if it is a scratch built conversion.

Now a couple of the inevitable Luftwaffe 46 models – a Triebflügel and a rather nicely done Messerschmitt P1111

Still with Luftwaffe 46, but rather more interesting is the Focke Achgelis Fa-284 flying crane

And now two Soviet projects from the late Thirties. Both of these are 1/72 resin Spin models. The twin engined bomber is the Kalinin K-12 which existed as a single prototype (painted in the famous Firebird Colours) but never made it into production. The second model is the Grushin Sh-Tandem shturmovik. Three prototypes were built (the Spin kit represents number 1) but it also failed to enter production.

Up next is a real-world aircraft, but worth looking at because it's very nicely done and because of its rarity – I've never seen one built before. It's the 1/75 Heller model of the Couzinet 70 Arc-en-Ciel.

Another real-world aircraft, included just because I like it, is this 1/48 "Perestroika" racing Yak-11.

And on the Soviet Aircraft SIG stand, the first public appearance of the Gudkov Gu-VRD

More from the Soviet Aircraft SIG: Blohm & Voss P-194 captured by the Soviets (1/72 Special Hobby)

The L.02-10 CCV research version of the Sukhoi Su-9. Real-world but sufficiently weird for inclusion (1/72 Leoman kit).

Tupolev Tu-2 Paravan with cable cutter nose for use against barrage balloons. Two were built so it's real world again but also reassuringly weird (Plasticart 1/72 kit)

Soviet Savoia S-21 and Moskalev SAM-9 Strela. The Russians used a large number of Savoia S-16 flying boats and would undoubtedly have purchased the S-21 if it hadn't been unfortunately fictional. (1/72 Fine Molds kit). The SAM-9 experimental aircraft in the same photo is a Unicraft 1/72 resin kit.

Captain Canada

Nice ! I like the 'snark infested waters'...never heard that one before !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dumaniac

Nice collection of german wiif's

thanks for the pics

Rheged

Quote from: Captain Canada on March 22, 2014, 07:07:24 PM
Nice ! I like the 'snark infested waters'...never heard that one before !

The Snark gives rise to LOTS of Lewis Carroll jokes.......  just google "The Hunting of the Snark"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Whiffs from Melbourne Model Expo 2014;

Hover/Airship Carrier had flashing lights and was awesome (I'f small).

I don't think this is a Whiff but the paintwork is just too beautiful not to show - and it's better in the flesh.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on June 09, 2014, 05:09:37 AM

the double dakota is astonishing

and the shark Me262s awesome, as well as the steampunked Mig15

scooter

I don't think this is a Whiff but the paintwork is just too beautiful not to show - and it's better in the flesh.

That is gorgeous.  I think I would lose my mind doing that scheme
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That guy seems to have been influenced by my tandem winged DC9 and albeback's tandem VC10. It's obviously catching....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow....they're doing some nice work down there in Melbourne ! Something fishy about that 262 tho.....

Thanks for sharing !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Logan Hartke

Hover/Airship Carrier had flashing lights and was awesome (I'f small).

Yep, that beauty is buzzbomb's from over at Beyond the Sprues. It was nice watching it go together.

Beyond the Sprues: Airship Carrier - finished - buzzbomb

Cheers,

Logan

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2014, 07:00:22 AM

That guy seems to have been influenced by my tandem winged DC9 and albeback's tandem VC10. It's obviously catching....  ;D

Luv it!  ;D
Definitely one of those "why didnt I think of that " moments
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.