WHIFs found at model contests

Started by philp, October 28, 2007, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Brilliant Uncle,

once I knew the scale I had guessed the Revel X-1 for the fuselage but the the rest wasa mistery to me as that is not a scale I play with.
Thanks for the info, I love it.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Thanks for filling us in with the details  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice ! Always nice to see the real crowd get duped  :wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

At the Ballarat NNL yesterday there wasn't too much whiffing in evidence (or loads if you consider customising cars as whiffing).  In the aircraft class even the Super Corsair I thought to be a whiff turned out to be a RW racer.
However, lurking on the "other models" table was what could be a Flanders X-wing.

More pics here

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

The "Bat-T1" looks interesting, too?

PR19_Kit

Some terrific stuff there Fred.  :thumbsup:

I love this big purple wagon with the suicide rear doors, which car was its basis? It looks sort of Chrysler-ish.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

I'd even assume that this might once have been a cabriolet of some sort?

Go4fun

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2015, 07:22:43 AM

I love this big purple wagon with the suicide rear doors, which car was its basis? It looks sort of Chrysler-ish.

The lower body with the suicide back doors looks like a mid-60s Lincoln Continental. The rest is custom Whiifery goodness.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Captain Canada

Some great stuff. Love the trucks, that unimog thing and the logging truck dio is superb. The bat mobile is a neat idea too !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Go4fun on May 25, 2015, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2015, 07:22:43 AM

The lower body with the suicide back doors looks like a mid-60s Lincoln Continental. The rest is custom Whiifery goodness.

AMT '65 Lincoln Continental convertible.  The wagon roof is one of the period customising parts that comes with it.  It's a real PitA to fit smoothly.  I never could get the windscreen frame to roof join filled nicely when I built mine and so hid it with a sun visor.
I was bidding on one in the silent auction (wanted to build Drama's car from Entourage) but it went too high.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that guys, I thought it had some Continental in there with those doors and that front end.

IIRC the Continental was the world's only 4 door convertible, wasn't it? I hate to THINK how much cross-bracing they had to weld underneath it to make it stiff enough to drive!

That AMT kit was one of the few I never had, the importers here seemed to have a down on it.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It was repopped 5 or 6 years ago.
It's a former promo with all that entails (chassis all moulded in one, axle hole through the engine block, low under bonnet detail etc) but it can be built up into a nice model.

Mine ended up like this.

Fred

Dizzyfugu

That looks sweet, too. Love the Phantom grill and the simple wheels.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 26, 2015, 10:28:39 PM
It was repopped 5 or 6 years ago.
It's a former promo with all that entails (chassis all moulded in one, axle hole through the engine block, low under bonnet detail etc) but it can be built up into a nice model.

Darn it, I didn't know that!  :banghead:

I'll keep a look out for a couple, as I have a cunning plan..........

Yours looks terrific, I love the colour too.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit