Captain Canada

Very nice. Does look good like that.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

The RH side looks less good now.  I placed an adjoining model too close and a vinyl tyre was touching the middle of a door.
It burnt right through the paint to the plastic.
More pics here
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2015, 02:12:35 AM
The RH side looks less good now.  I placed an adjoining model too close and a vinyl tyre was touching the middle of a door.
It burnt right through the paint to the plastic.
More pics here

The plastic kit industry didn't too many long term tests on vinyl/styrene interaction, did they?  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Or vinyl/paint.

As i'm sure you know it's due to the plasticisers (thats plasticizers for our spellingly challenged american readers) leaching out of the vinyl.  Apart from eating through paint, melting styrene parts, leaving tyre prints on windscreens (first thing to do if you buy a car kit - open it and put the tyres and clear parts in separate plastic bags) it can also dissolve expand polystyrene packing peanuts and cause wheels to remain attached to the varnished shelf when you lift the model (don't ask me how I know).

I don't think they put any thought into the long term viability of the vinyl full stop.  Even without any of the above issues it goes brittle and shrinks over time meaning I have tyres on builds from my teens which have split and cracked.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Sounds like a good reason to continue my ongoing project to slowly replace all of the vinyl tyres on my AFV's with ("weighted") resin wheels, & vinyl tracks with styrene or metal. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I found this pic while tidying so photos of old shows.  It's from a Ballarat NNL.  Possibly 2013?
It's given me pause for thought...

Fred

zenrat

Hillman Hunter, Triumph Spitfire, Sunbeam Tiger, Messerschmitt bubble car...
;D
Fred

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: zenrat on June 04, 2015, 02:17:52 AM
Hillman Hunter, Triumph Spitfire, Sunbeam Tiger, Messerschmitt bubble car...
;D

A groupbuild waiting to happen  <_<

Captain Canada

That's a really neat build. My only concern would be using a car from that goofy era when they were toy bubbles. Now, building a P-51 merged with a proper Mustang..... :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I think that really is a Mustang merged with a Mustang. Maybe an early 90s model?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tc2324

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 04, 2015, 03:54:05 AM
I think that really is a Mustang merged with a Mustang. 

That would be my bet as well.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

ericr

that is smartissime

Quote from: zenrat on June 04, 2015, 01:39:20 AM
I found this pic while tidying so photos of old shows.  It's from a Ballarat NNL.  Possibly 2013?
It's given me pause for thought...

famvburg

Why someone would go to that much work and use yellowed decals is beyond me. And why not put the star and bar on the correct wing?

Librarian

Recalls Christian Bale shouting "....Cadillac of the skies...." in Empire of The Sun.

jcf

I think CC probably means one like this:

or this:

or this:

;D  :cheers: