WHIFs found at HyperScale

Started by philp, January 06, 2009, 07:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

philp

Interesting.  Think Mossie gear and engines might be an interesting look.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Pablo1965

That camberra crossing the scale to 1/48 has broken my hart in thousands of pieces. I am jelous...Why didn't I think  this aircraft first? Jajajajaja

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

beowulf

that looks just so 'right' some how....very nice  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Green Dragon

The Merlin Canberra (excellent job by Deanflyer!) is entered in the Britmodeller what if Group build. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showforum=294
Finishes on 31st October.
I'm doing a Junkers Ju188 kitbash based on a design from Skycrawlers and an Iranian FBC-1 Flying Leoprd over there.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Gondor

Quote from: philp on October 01, 2010, 04:39:16 PM
Interesting.  Think Mossie gear and engines might be an interesting look.

Looks like Lancaster engine and undercarriage

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

A 109 Whif that is causing indigestion on HS:
Consternation abounds!

:cheers: :cheers:

Alan Buttrick IDs them as probably being from the novel Grey Eagles.

Alvis 3.14159

Oh, now that's both funny and exasperating. Funny, in that so many jumped onto the "It must be the Starfix kit, it's so bad it's so wrong, look at that tail ooh oooh ohh" bandwagon, until those with some thinking power chimed in, then the backing off began. Exasperating, in that the guy who bought them at the Nats is going to shoot them. Somebody went to the effort of replicating the 109s from "Grey Eagles" (An interesting novel where ex-Luftwaffe pilots take on ex- Alled pilots in restored warbird, the Germans having built and improved their 109s...think Iron Eagle 3 without the stupidity) and now, they are going to become target range fodder. Oh well, the owner let them go, I can't get upset at that I guess.

Alvis Pi

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 11, 2010, 11:02:11 AM
Consternation abounds!

I like it, its actually a fairly small change that makes you look twice at yet another   :-\ 109
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

Quote from: The Rat on October 01, 2010, 03:34:57 PM
Would you believe, a Merlin engined Canberra?!?

It's so nice and good finished plane that I belive his existence :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

tahsin

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 11, 2010, 11:02:11 AM
Consternation abounds!

Considering the attitude of this site against "general" modelling , I would consider this as a lost opportunity . I think have the book somewhere and can't get over the current Lufthansa , former Luftwaffe pilot strafing USAF base full with T-38s  wearing a monkey mask . Weren't the landing gear reversed as well , seeing he has added rear moving canopies ?